Sign in to follow this  
GeonCarlos

Quick question about speed during take off

I have a question about the speed during take off.. I have the MCP to 250 and when i take off everytime I reach 250 instead of the engines spooling down to maintain 250 it keeps going strong.. Althought I see the FD having me climb at a higher percentage but should the aircraft maintain 250 is its setup to that or is that a normal procedure.. I know during landing when i disconnect the auto pilot the aircraft maintain what ever I set to the MCP but why not on take off...? thx ..

Carlitos Colon

You are supposed do pitch up to keep the speed, engines on max climb rating.

What plane or addon are you flying with? Usually you take off with auto thrusters armed..... You have given no other information...please specify 

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Out of interest why are you setting it to 250kts rather than your V2 speed for take off?

Jason Dilley

Sounds like the aircraft is behaving as it is designed to do  :Thinking:

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have the MCP to 250 and when i take off everytime I reach 250 instead of the engines spooling down to maintain 250 it keeps going strong.. Althought I see the FD having me climb at a higher percentage but should the aircraft maintain 250 is its setup to that or is that a normal procedure..

You're trying to fly the 777 like a lot of people tried to fly their default aircraft.  Don't.

What you should do is read and fly the tutorial flight.  What it will tell you to do is set V2 in the speed window.  Once you hit Vr, you rotate and then pitch the aircraft to that "higher percentage" to maintain the commanded speed (follow the flight director).  It will eventually put you up to 250 as part of the prescribed departure procedure.  This is further outlined in the FCTM on page 3.2 (with a nice graphic describing what you should be doing).

This is not a default aircraft.

This is a study sim that behaves like a real aircraft.

It's going to take some effort on your part to learn it and treat it how it's supposed to be treated so that it will work like it's supposed to.

The aircraft is behaving normally in this case.  You're just not operating it properly.

Kyle Rodgers

I've been curious but do you every use V2+5 on takeoff.  I could have sworn I read that somewhere (may have been on the MD-11).

Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

No, in the 777 you have to set your V2 in the MCP SPD window. The FD will automatically command a pitch up attitude to maintain V2+20 kts during initial climbout (in TOGA mode) with the Thrust Reference selected for take off. VNAV will also maintain V2 + 20 kts until Acceleration Height, at which it will accelerate to the commanded speed in the FMS (or SPD limit of the SID). Of course you can change your speed as desired by using the Speed Intervene function in VNAV or select V/S or FL CH and set your desired speed on the MCP.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Sounds like the aircraft is behaving as it is designed to do  :Thinking:

yup!  :rolleyes:

Read your manuals.....a lot of people do not read the docs every addon coms with....they do a great job....or a good quality youtube video....Im almost 100% sure this is whats happening here.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I've been curious but do you every use V2+5 on takeoff.  I could have sworn I read that somewhere (may have been on the MD-11).

Chris K.

I set V2+10 in the MCP on the Boeings.

MD-8x automatically adds 10 kts if FAST/SLOW bug is installed, so there you set V2.

On MD-11 you set it to 250 or VCL, whichever is higher. It auto-bugs for V2+10, then VMO for the config minus 10 kts at acceleration altitude. It bugs the pre-selected speed in the FCP at flaps retract. MD rocks. B)

Best regards,

Robin.