Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Goodbye FSX - P3D from now on

Hi,

Just changed to P3D. Will newer go back to FSX.

Fluid motion - High FPS - No OOM - No CTD

No issues with  windows setting on 6 monitors

Suberb for my B737 HomeCockpit

Why didn't I do this earlier?

Looking forward to P3D v2 later this year

rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

hello , hmm i think i have had it enough with prepare3d, its time i try it too.

but do you feel i should wait for v2??

hello , hmm i think i have had it enough with prepare3d, its time i try it too.

but do you feel i should wait for v2??

If you don't want to pay twice then you may want to wait, it doesn't seem to be too far away anyway.

Beware. P3D 1.4 is every bit as susptable to OOM's as FSX. V2 looks to reduce this .

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1653

Everybit? Only as a 32 bit app can be but I have read of more users NOT experiencing them in P3D as opposed to the same scenario in FSX. Personally and from everything I have read, it is an improvement. if you're saying that it doesn't stop OOM's completely - I agree - but it IS better than FSX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

Been using P3D since day one and have never looked back...

I can set higher graphic settings in P3D than was ever possible in FSX. I get smooth performance in P3D, and not one CTD and/or OOM. My last flight was six hours long (unable to do that in FSX), nice to actually get credit for a flight from Flying Tigers Group VA than end up with a CTD on initial/final descent. A common event in FSX!.

I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO FS9, FSX, X-Plane, Flight or any other sim platform... P3D IS the future for in home flight simulation,  at least for me!!!.

As a flight deck builder myself (B737NG), P3D is leaps and bounds ahead of X-Plane. None, that's right... NONE of my hardware works with X-Plane, both Amy Lorance and Jack Oliphant were nice in trying to help me, but the bottom line is... my hardware does not work with X-Plane. Although, I don't like X-Plane's made up and/or plausible world. I thought I'd give it a shot, that was a waste of $60.00 + Shipping. Cash that could of gone to hardware.

As far as FS9 and FSX. P3D is much better than both of these flightsims and this has nothing to do with 32 bit / 64 bit platforms. The changes made up-to-and-including P3D ver. 1.4 make it a much smoother and stable flightsim product.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

As a flight deck builder myself (B737NG), P3D is leaps and bounds ahead of X-Plane. None, that's right... NONE of my hardware works with X-Plane, both Amy Lorance and Jack Oliphant were nice in trying to help me, but the bottom line is... my hardware does not work with X-Plane. Although, I don't like X-Plane's made up and/or plausible world. I thought I'd give it a shot, that was a waste of $60.00 + Shipping. Cash that could of gone to hardware.

Man that's rough. I have a lot of hardware too and while I really miss applications like FSUIPC and LINDA I've been able to get most of my gear to work without much fuss.  I might be mistaken Mike but I think we both use PFC yokes and you couldn't even get that to work? Most all my Go Flight Modules work in fact using the "Unsupported Plug-in" I'm able to get some functionality out of my GF 46 module that I can't in FSX.  Programming custom panels that use my Leo Bodnar 836x cards is where XP really leaves me frustrated.

I've given XP10 a solid effort for the past two years and some things I really like but I am also looking at P3D V2.0.  If it delivers it will probably be my Sim of choice too.  I won't say that I'll never go back to XPlane; I'll pop back to see what's happening on each major release since I paid for it and it doesn't take a ton of space on my HD.

RE Thomason Jr.

It's a shame PMDG wont make it P3dV2. But we have ORBX, Aerosoft, A2A, pretty much all scenery developers will port their sceneries, and many more. I can tell you for sure, I haven't enjoyed FSX ever since the DX11 developer blog was revealed. Knowing that there is a new sim coming out within the next two months keeps me from using FSX.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi,

The problem lies with everything except the yoke and rudder pedals. The throttle quad, pedestal, MCP, overhead and what-not... 80% of my hardware won't work with X-Plane 10. It was just a mess and there really is no reason for me to jump through hoops to get my hardware working with X-Plane when I have P3D. Everything works just fine via FSUIPC, I do have one complaint and that's the Pitch Trim level. It works, but not the way its suppose to. I have to move the level up and down (numerous times) toward the down position to move the trim down and I have to move the level up and down (numerous times) toward the up position to move the trim up.

Never have been able to find a fix. Would like to get this fixed someday, but its something I can live with.

Man that's rough. I have a lot of hardware too and while I really miss applications like FSUIPC and LINDA I've been able to get most of my gear to work without much fuss.  I might be mistaken Mike but I think we both use PFC yokes and you couldn't even get that to work? Most all my Go Flight Modules work in fact using the "Unsupported Plug-in" I'm able to get some functionality out of my GF 46 module that I can't in FSX.  Programming custom panels that use my Leo Bodnar 836x cards is where XP really leaves me frustrated.

I've given XP10 a solid effort for the past two years and some things I really like but I am also looking at P3D V2.0.  If it delivers it will probably be my Sim of choice too.  I won't say that I'll never go back to XPlane; I'll pop back to see what's happening on each major release since I paid for it and it doesn't take a ton of space on my HD.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

All 3 of the available sim platforms have some things that appeal.  Only the pilot can decide which platform gives him/her the greatest overall satisfaction.  Some folks think the scenery is the most important, others place higher value on the flight model.  Since how the airplane 'feels' when being hand-flown varies between the sims- you have to try and decide.

I actually own all 3 platforms, presently ping-ponging between XP10.25b (beta) and FSX.  I have stopped messing with P3D, but when v2 releases, I will likely pop back in for a peek.

I'm a huge fan of the PMDG airplanes, so flying anything other than FSX has an automatic 'knock' in terms of losing my beloved NGX and new love, the 777.  That said, I can struggle along with the FlightFactor 777 in XP 10, if for no other reason than staying current with the new art assets and some other tweaks that Laminar is bringing forth.

If ever a PMDG plane is for sale in XP- I think that will really explode XP sales.  The other big knock on XP has been lack of ground buildings at most (but not ALL) airports, lack of true seasons, and the view to the horizon is constantly obscured.

And of course, some of us with add-on hardware like VRinsight MCP Combo II (Boeing) panels are totally frustrated by VRI ignoring us who want to fly XP from time to time.

Long term, I think XP will ultimately win out - but it may not be XP10.  It might be a few more iterations down the road, like XP15 or whatever.

The more hang ons you throw at FSX, of course you begin to kill your frames.  Complex airplanes, complex airports, ORBX FTX Global (and their upcoming Vector graphics add-on), UT2, and so forth all carry a 'cost' in CPU slices which translate to frames.

P3D is going to move some of the heavy lifting over to the graphics card if I understand correctly in V2- and XP is doing that already.  That said, XP10 can still get bogged down if you try to go insane with max settings on all the graphics.

One thing that may be of value is XP10 can network graphics, so if you invest in FlightDeck Solutions' JetMax, you can have one PC driving the Avionics (requires additional-cost 3rd party software) like the ND displays, and the other PC driving the Sim.  As your system grows more complex, as I have been told, you can add more PCs to share the work.

Once you are at the level of a 15K JetMax solution (plus 3pd yoke), you likely won't snort at dumping a few more thousands on added pcs.

For those of us trying desperately to have the maximum experience with the minimum number of PCs (ie "1"), we need to give due consideration to just what 'floats our (particular) boat' when we fire up our sim of choice.  Some folks its the autos/trucks/trains/freeways/night lighting of XP, others it's the HD payware airports, insanely detailed PMDG aircraft, and pricey 3PD hardware panels we have purchased that win the contest.

In my mind, MS had a golden opportunity with Flight, and it's sad they implemented it so poorly.  Being able to have the sim operating off a monster remote PC with all the hang-on airports and such running remote across the Internet meant that potentially a user could realize much nicer graphics with a lot less PC sitting at home (providing a very high-speed Internet connection was available).  Long range, this could have been gold for MS, because we'd be buying all our add-on software through their online store, thus they get $$ every time we buy another piece or a new HD airport.

By ignoring the JET crowd completely, MS made a huge miscalculation.  True simmers think nothing of spending on add-ons.  The casual crowd may feel differently.  We'll never know, since development has ceased on Flight.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Until I can fly with my PMDG add on's ill be stuck with FSX.

I was looking forward to purchasing the PMDG 777 until I found out it won't work in P3D. So I had to take a pass on it. Even though I still have FSX on my computer it's slowly being downgraded with the release of P3D compatible replacements. Hopefully by the end of 2014 I can remove FSX completely.

But in the meantime I'm still enjoying flying my PSS 777 in FS9.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,

I passed as well. If I can't use it in P3D, the addon is useless to me. Shame really, PMDG makes some serious addons. But, the sim platform itself outweighs any addon in my collection.

I was looking forward to purchasing the PMDG 777 until I found out it won't work in P3D.

Yep, me too. I own NGX but hardly use it anyway. However, If I were a big fan of PDMG, I'd keep separate FsX installation for it. There's no reason for not using better platform because of specific addon. I was keeping Fs9, FsX, P3d at same PC till last year. Now, P3d and FsX only. I'll probably get rid of FsX when P3d 2.0 comes out.