Sign in to follow this  
smileybeaches

OOM fixed for me anyway

From day one I have been using a multitude of programs such as FPS Limiter as in the past it has helped me overcome OOM with PMDG NG and other payware aircraft. I was still getting OOM with PMDG especially upon landing, thankfully landed successfully but scenery all over the place. I read a post boo hooing any such applications apart from HiMem fix recently. Today I did two flight's from Narita to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to RKSI both with addon payware sceneries and AI at 100% (over 1,300 airlines in AI) and not one OOM. Did not even close down between flights. For me PMDG B772LR works best by using no add on frame limiter/addon/boost performance. Maybe all those who are getting OOM should just fire up without trying to complicate things. I may have just found a sweet spot but actually believe that PMDG have suited the PMDG B772LR to the limitations of FSX.

Happy pilot and know that others may not have the success I have had today but worth a try.

Cheers

Miles

(Next leg FDX to Moscow)

i fixed my OOM's by upgrading to latest computer hardware. I am now runnign an i7@5Ghz on a rampage 4 extreme, with 4 gigs memory card.

I've never had an OOM since I dont use textures larger than 1024, dont extend my LOD radius, and dont exceed the cloud draw distance past what FSX limits it in via the UI. Even for the 4 years that I was running FSX on a 32bit OS with 2GB of RAM, I never had an OOM while using the NGX at payware sceneries with lots of AI.

You can only push a 32bit program so far. Once you mix 2048 or 4096 sized textures into the mix, extend your LOD and cloud draw, insert a complex a/c, and complex scenery with AI, its only a matter of time before you reach the limit and OOM.

Having said that, I still have enough VAS left over on a regular basis that I could probably mix in some 2048 sized textures and be ok, but I dont feel that the larger HD textures look that much better to warrant the risk of an OOM after a long flight.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can still run into OOMs regardless of how fancy your computer setup is.

FSX is a 32 bit program which in itself is limited to 4GB, so you might have 16GB RAM available, but the program will run out of memory at 4GB.

I my self love AI and I really will not fly with out it, but I noticed how many 32bit and even HD textures I had installed. Each texture is in HD and is 4 times the size in memory. So I started a trimming of all of my 32bit textures and it cured my OOMs.

Another great tool is to switch to DX10 which can save up to 1GB of FSX memory, plus the graphics are nicer!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You can still run into OOMs regardless of how fancy your computer setup is.

FSX is a 32 bit program which in itself is limited to 4GB, so you might have 16GB RAM available, but the program will run out of memory at 4GB.

I my self love AI and I really will not fly with out it, but I noticed how many 32bit and even HD textures I had installed. Each texture is in HD and is 4 times the size in memory. So I started a trimming of all of my 32bit textures and it cured my OOMs.

Another great tool is to switch to DX10 which can save up to 1GB of FSX memory, plus the graphics are nicer!

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!