Sign in to follow this  
pipsara

Perfect flight!

Hi folks,  you know when something goes really well and you want to tell somebody! Well I just finished what is probably the best flight yet in my iFly737 hardware cockpit. 

Flew from ksea to klas, used PFPX to plan the flight, used topcat to sort out the load, fuel and balance, used MCE to keep the Co pilot busy, used Gsx to handle all the ground stuff and of course VoxAtc for the atc.  Everything went perfectly. Got the right runways and sid, right altitudes, descents and vectors to the right runway at klas. Opus gave me the weather. The sim was P3D. V1.4.

Another nice thing was that I set up the Co pilot voice in VoxAtc to use the same Ivona voice that I use for the Co pilot in mce. 

AI traffic was set at 50%, in VoxAtc and used the models from MyTraffic 2013, really nice. 

I now know that if I plan it right and fly it right, everything works together nicely. 

Just wanted to tell someone! 

Regards Mike 

good to know, I'm looking forward to this ATC and keeping an eye on it.

some questions:

1) does it support callsign like Speedbird, Alitalia and so on, no phoneticonly I mean

2) can you save a flight in midair and reload it to complete in a second time, useful especially for long haul

3) TTS addons voices. are very clear, too much for an ATC radio transmission, so VoxATC let to add a vhf noise bias to hem, like in Squawkbox?

4) How long from destination can you hear the ATIS? is it limited to 60nm like in default fsx ATC o is it farer?

I am very happy, likeyou, when can complete a flight with all addons workink pefectly!

many thanks for your help

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

good to know, I'm looking forward to this ATC and keeping an eye on it.

some questions:

1) does it support callsign like Speedbird, Alitalia and so on, no phoneticonly I mean

2) can you save a flight in midair and reload it to complete in a second time, useful especially for long haul

3) TTS addons voices. are very clear, too much for an ATC radio transmission, so VoxATC let to add a vhf noise bias to hem, like in Squawkbox?

4) How long from destination can you hear the ATIS? is it limited to 60nm like in default fsx ATC o is it farer?

I am very happy, likeyou, when can complete a flight with all addons workink pefectly!

many thanks for your help

1) Yes: You enter the callsign before you start VoxATC, and Vox will pronounce what you typed in American English.

2) Yes: If you save a flight in midair, the flightplan (FSX flightplan only!!!) gets saved with the flight. After reloading the flightplan "is in", you fire up Vox, contact the frequency as advised by Vox on startup, make contact, and continue your flight.

3) Yes: There are five Vox voices available for free, each one with four variations. Two variations of each one contain 'static'.

4) FSX default range: With Vox you request a temporary frequency change, dial in the ATIS frequency, listen to ATIS, and get back to your controller. Vox doesn't provide the ATIS; it's all up to FSX "vanilla".

Get the demo to test it and to read the complete manual!!!

Hi folks,  you know when something goes really well and you want to tell somebody! Well I just finished what is probably the best flight yet in my iFly737 hardware cockpit. 

Flew from ksea to klas, used PFPX to plan the flight, used topcat to sort out the load, fuel and balance, used MCE to keep the Co pilot busy, used Gsx to handle all the ground stuff and of course VoxAtc for the atc.  Everything went perfectly. Got the right runways and sid, right altitudes, descents and vectors to the right runway at klas. Opus gave me the weather. The sim was P3D. V1.4.

Another nice thing was that I set up the Co pilot voice in VoxAtc to use the same Ivona voice that I use for the Co pilot in mce. 

AI traffic was set at 50%, in VoxAtc and used the models from MyTraffic 2013, really nice. 

I now know that if I plan it right and fly it right, everything works together nicely. 

Just wanted to tell someone! 

Regards Mike 

Same here! Did a short flight (a very short flight ...) from KASE to KDEN. Didn't bother with SIDS and STARs, just had FSX build a VOR-to-VOR flightplan for me.

Vox assigned a SID out of KASE (TRANS DBL) AND a STAR into KDEN (same TRANS), and watched my manoeuvres closely. Would never had happened with either default ATC or ProFlightEmulator or RadarContact ...

Thanks a lot Olli, last question: what about other callsign? Does is call AI traffic with its proper name? Alitalia, United, Speedbird just to clarify?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

On my current Carribean VoxATC flight I've just heard a 'Cactus', so I guess 'British Airways' would be transformed into a 'Speedbird' as well - it'll all depend on your AI package: Vox picks aircraft from your AI package to create its own flights. Call signs seem to be picked from the AI aircraft definitions, as well.

Sounds o.k. with my good old MyTraffic2010.

Thankyou very much Olli.

A friend on mine on another forum told me that Vox don't respect AI traffic flightplan, so you can find a erroneus traffic representation.

For example you can find small italian company in big usa airport, completely fictional.

Or big american company, like AA in smallest italian airport or airfileds.

Do you confirm?

Riccardo

I'm not exactly sure, Riccardo:

On my Carribean flight (from TNCM into SVMI) I heard a huge no. of 'Air Force' call signs (with MyTraffic2010) and very few commercial operators' callsigns ('Cactus' was among them, though). I can't tell whether that's based on MT flightplans or Vox flightplans, I'm afraid.

MT has a feature where it adds fictious flights to the flightplan-base ones from RW, if the user wants to increase traffic volume. That could be the cause of your friend's report ... but maybe it's not. (It's rather unlikely with UltimateTraffic, for example.)

Thanks so much Olli, it's very kind of you.

Riccardo