Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Did BA get 777-200LR's?

Isn't that just a codeshare with AA? You used to see the same thing with Gulf air and AA on the Bahrain London KJFK route with the A340-300

Rob Prest

Look at the code for the Oct 23, and 24th for Flight 2037 Gatwick to Orlando 777 flights, it sure looks like it. Maybe we can take the fictional off the repaint list!!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW2037/history

Tom Cain

No that's a real flight! There's a BA777 into Orlando from Gatwick every day, that's the first time I've seen the LR code though!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes I know! Please look up what a codeshare is, that is likely an American Airlines 777-200 if not it is likely flight aware playing up :)

EDIT what is the actual airline code for the 777-200LR? I think I am going to keep out of this, this is more spotter territory! :)

Rob Prest

772/L is different than 77L. I'm not all that sure what the /L means but it has something to do with the subvariant or something. The first 4 digits is the ICAO aircraft identifier ("B772").

BA don't have any 77L's, only 772 and 77W. Nor is this a codeshare flight...it is actually BA2037 operated by a BA 772.

The 777-200 base is the 772. The 777-200ER is the 77E. The 777-200LR is the 77L. The 777-200F is the 77F. The 777-300 base is 773. The 777-300ER is the 77W.

Please look up what a codeshare is, that is likely an American Airlines 777-200 if not it is likely flight aware playing up

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The 777-200 base is the 772. The 777-200ER is the 77E. The 777-200LR is the 77L. The 777-200F is the 77F. The 777-300 base is 773. The 777-300ER is the 77W.

I think you are right, Looked up what LR's are in the air right now, and it's not listed, it is listed as a 777-200. That L in the 772/L must mean something else. Never seen that code before though. Usually for BA's it's a Q

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

That L in the 772/L must mean something else

Perhaps it's a BA variant of their -200s with a different cabin or different equipment on board? Other than that I don't have a clue.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has adequate RNP capabilities for the route segment it's flying.

If you are referring to ICAO codes...it's only B772, B773, B77W, and B77L...there's no 77E or 77F for ICAO, although sometimes individual airlines do use codes like that.

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has RNP capabilities.

That is really quite interesting...never knew that. Is there a list or database of those /x codes where I could find the others? I've always been curious about those.

The /L means it's GNSS, GPS and WAAS equipped and certified to fly in RVSM airspace. /Q would indicate it has adequate RNP capabilities for the route segment it's flying.

Thanks! That explains it!

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I think you're right; what I don't get though is that BA doesn't and never have operated the base 200, only the 200ER. Flight aware wrong I think?

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

BA flies the 777 out of LHR too.