Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Did BA get 777-200LR's?

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

That I'm sure of it's a BA777 I see it at KMCO every time I pass it. It comes in around 3:30PM, there also is another one that comes in about 6:30PM (BA2039).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

PHXMD-11, on 24 Oct 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Actually, I think it is BA operated since AA doesn't fly into/out of Gatwick. BA's 777s are based out of LGW if I remember correctly.

BA flies the 777 out of LHR too.

Yep. The KBOS 777 flight goes to EGLL.

I tried to post the whole chart but doesn't seem to want to work.  So heres the link.  http://flightaware.com/about/faq_aircraft_flight_plan_suffix.rvt

/G Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), including GPS or WAAS,
with enroute and terminal capability.

/L /G with RVSM

Equipment suffix's will not spell out what variation of a model number an aircraft is (LR, ER).  But the suffix is meant to describe the type of navigational equipment is onboard.  /L means RVSM with/G Capability which is GNSS w/GPS or WAAS.

Brian Thibodeaux

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I think you're right; what I don't get though is that BA doesn't and never have operated the base 200, only the 200ER.

BA were one of the first customers and received some of the early -200's before the IGW's were introduced. These then became ER's later. All the Trent powered 777's are ER's

Alaister Kay

Just like others said, it's the ER. As for the equipment code, "/Q" is no longer being used & "/L" is replacing it.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

/G Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), including GPS or WAAS,

with enroute and terminal capability.

PA28/G is my little bird!! :-P

GPS is cheating! Dead reckoning FTW!

Hehehe. I don't think our flight school has one aircraft without a GPS now! Nearly all the C172's are G1000 and one out of two Pipers are Avidyne. I'm a bit on the edge about glass cockpits and GA. Makes your life so easy on XC's and is near impossible to get really lost... But then flying steam can be fun :-P however even that Piper has GPS & Autopilot haha. AP does a rubbish job half the time in my opinion - so don't bother with it. Although my CFI said lots here do fly on them a lot more often which is a shame )-:

I've never flown a cross country flight with GPS! I do fly a super decathlon that has GPS, but not cross country. The main reason that's useful is because I spend half the time flying it upside down.

I fly Beech 1900C for a living.  We use the /G suffix with moving map.  I can tell you now, Dead reckoning is not all its cracked up to be.  Flying 1 Mile clear of clouds in mountainous terrain (I fly in Alaska) is terrifying enough.  Not having a GPS and going by what you can see a mile at a time. Just plain dumb.

Brian Thibodeaux

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries