Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

Closest airports with arrows on the ND

folks

i was wondering how do i get the blue alternates arrows with distance informations on the ND with MAP mode. im able to see them without distance on pln mode.

and here you can see it at 05:54 that on the ND, there are arrows with distance informations showing (i think) the closest fields from the alternate page.

thanks in advance

dear pmdg

i d love to hear from you as it seems nobody is aware any feuture like this

thanks

i d love to hear from you as it seems nobody is aware any feuture like this

If you believe this needs to be fixed, the proper avenue to address this is support.precisionmanuals.com.  You are not guaranteed to hear from them here in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

If you believe this needs to be fixed, the proper avenue to address this is support.precisionmanuals.com.  You are not guaranteed to hear from them here in the forum.

i dont know if this is bug or a problem, i was thinking that mybe im doing something wrong thats what i was hoping to hear.

i was thinking that mybe im doing something wrong thats what i was hoping to hear.

You are.  Note that in the video they're in normal MAP mode.  The distances and arrows only show in this mode when the airports are beyond the max range of the MAP mode.  There are several topics on this.

Kyle Rodgers

According to the FCOM v2 pg 754, "PLAN: displays up to four alternate airports at all times. MAP, MAP CTR: displays the FMC or pilot selected primary airport. Displays up to four alternate airports when EFIS control panel APRT map switched on. Offscale airports (beyond 640nm with 640nm range selected), directional arrow relative to airplane position or PLAN center point and distance (distance removed in PLAN)."

You are in plan mode trying to get distances, and you won't get them in plan mode. The pilot in the video has ARPT mode on the ND activated and is in MAP mode, that's why he's getting all ALTN airports with distance (for airports outside 640nm range). You can also get distance for one ALTN airport at a time in regular MAP mode by line-selecting individual airports from the ALTN page in the FMC. The PMDG ND works according to the FCOM exactly, I haven't encountered any discrepancies. 

According to the FCOM v2 pg 754, "PLAN: displays up to four alternate airports at all times. MAP, MAP CTR: displays the FMC or pilot selected primary airport. Displays up to four alternate airports when EFIS control panel APRT map switched on. Offscale airports (beyond 640nm with 640nm range selected), directional arrow relative to airplane position or PLAN center point and distance (distance removed in PLAN)."

You are in plan mode trying to get distances, and you won't get them in plan mode. The pilot in the video has ARPT mode on the ND activated and is in MAP mode, that's why he's getting all ALTN airports with distance (for airports outside 640nm range). You can also get distance for one ALTN airport at a time in regular MAP mode by line-selecting individual airports from the ALTN page in the FMC. The PMDG ND works according to the FCOM exactly, I haven't encountered any discrepancies.

Sorry i sould ve put an other screenshot with map mode so you could see that even with airports further than 640nm there is no arrows. I did get it on map mode once tough , but only a single airport without distance despite the other airports which are also further then 640nm this is why im comfuesed, i tried to put other airports manually in altn page but could not get any others.

Thanks for the help tough

vthh.jpg

You have to use the ARPT function as shown on the EFIS to display the distances to your chosen ALTN airports. These distances will only show if they are beyond zoom range. In the above screenshot, my closest manual alternate is CYQX, but its within range, so distance is not show. For the other manually-entered ALTN airports at New York, Miami, and Quebec the distances are shown. (this is not realistic - I chose these airports because they are far away from each other, and they wouldn't clutter up the display). The other airports that show up on the ARPT page other than your manually entered alternates are airports you should be diverting to instead if the weather is good. No sense going to CYQB if CYYR will do the job.    

qypd.jpgThis is the only other way I know how to get distance info without ARPT activated on EFIS. If you select a manually entered alternate in the ALTN page, it will show its distance regardless the EFIS mode.

Hope that helps, you should get used to it after a few flights. 

vthh.jpg

You have to use the ARPT function as shown on the EFIS to display the distances to your chosen ALTN airports. These distances will only show if they are beyond zoom range. In the above screenshot, my closest manual alternate is CYQX, but its within range, so distance is not show. For the other manually-entered ALTN airports at New York, Miami, and Quebec the distances are shown. (this is not realistic - I chose these airports because they are far away from each other, and they wouldn't clutter up the display). The other airports that show up on the ARPT page other than your manually entered alternates are airports you should be diverting to instead if the weather is good. No sense going to CYQB if CYYR will do the job.    

qypd.jpgThis is the only other way I know how to get distance info without ARPT activated on EFIS. If you select a manually entered alternate in the ALTN page, it will show its distance regardless the EFIS mode.

Hope that helps, you should get used to it after a few flights.

thaks a lot for your help, i think my case was the second one, i was triying to select then hope to see all.