Sign in to follow this  
bic

article about longest flight

Just did a 12 hour and 26 min flight from Phoenix, AZ to Fukuoka, Japan in the PMDG 777-200LR. Was an amazing feeling when I finally landed. The landing is on my YouTube page.. coronavic1.

12 hours, one can make lots of friends on that journey.

Was an amazing feeling when I finally landed.

Like 'I can feel my legs again' or something else? :P

That A340-500 trip in full business class actually was on my list of very niche products being sort of interesting. Sad to see it going, in a way.

My longest FSX flight was JFK to Cairo about 10 hours--love seeing the pyramids on final.  I did that sooo many times, I cannot count them.

I have ants in my pants, so I am always getting up every couple hours to walk around and stretch.  When we land in Heathrow there's that mad dash to customs (is it a mile in some cases?), my legs are warmed up and don't get cramps when walking fast. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

My longest flights Heathrow to Changi 13hrs in a Boeing 747 and Changi to Heathrow  in an Airbus A380 13hrs with Singapore Airlines.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

My longest flight was from Atlanta to Cape Verde.  We stayed on the plane for about 45 minutes while they changed crews.  Took off for Johannesburg.  First leg was 10 1/2 hours and the last leg was 10 hours.  Total 20 1/2 hours.  Airbus 340-600 and it was grueling...but worth it after I had my first game drive for a photo safari!

Stan

Thanks for sharing.  Just finished reading the article and it said 3 meals are served on the flight.  Could this be a typo?  3 means a meal every 6 or so hours.

I'm a bodybuilder and depending how hard I've been lifting, I need to eat a big meal every 3 hours.  Sometimes every 2 hours if I'm experiencing a serious case of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).

If I was ever on that flight, I can guarantee that I would be the grumpiest passenger on board.

Didn't they have a bar on that particular plane where you could get some extras? Just reacting to your nutrition demands, Maurice. Me says that plane full of business class seats would have been a good travelling option for you. Those densely packed (11 abreast or something?) economy class thingies may therefore be something to avoid.

CoolP,

Aaah, I didn't think of that.  Thanks.  I bet you can get some nice food at the bar because of the ticket price.  I'm quite sure other people would need to eat more as well.  I only know very few people who can eat once every six hours.  I also know a few who would rather take alcoholic beverages instead of a nice meal.  They're usually the ones who tell you how a certain drink is like a nice meal for them :lol: .

Mine was YSSY to SAEZ (Sydney to Buenos Aires) in a QF 744ER. It was 13 hours 20 minutes non stop east bound and 14 hours 32 westbound. That return flight went on forever! I watched 4 movies and played just about every game in the entertainment system!

Sent from my Mobile thing

Mine was YSSY to SAEZ (Sydney to Buenos Aires) in a QF 744ER. It was 13 hours 20 minutes non stop east bound and 14 hours 32 westbound. That return flight went on forever! I watched 4 movies and played just about every game in the entertainment system!

Sent from my Mobile thing

Wow, did not know an ER existed (was that to replace the SP?), you must not of seen  land for a looong time.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060