Sign in to follow this  
maf

Aircraft behaviour question [Solved 3DOF Disabled]

You made a grown man almost cry. For a loooong time ive had to struggle with a weather engine for Fsx that never

got the winds right. No matter what I tried, it was not correct according to published metars.

I heard about Opus FSX since when it came out, and I regret that I did not jump ship earlier..

You nailed everything.. The winds, the temps, the rain.. Just awesome. Thank you.

However. As the other wx-engine was thrown out the window, something changed after Opus was installed.

I noticed it when I took the default F18 out for a spin to surf the clouds and enjoy it. It was "heavier" on the

controls, constantly turning to the left.

I noticed it also, suddenly on the NGX (which I fly 99% of the time). Connecting CMD A now sets

me to CWS A due to force on the yoke (but not from me). This came out of the blue together with Opus

and so im wondering if Opus could possibly affect aircrafts this way?

Its no biggie. The AP is responding just fine once I push HDG SEL or LNAV. Just weird and

abit annoying once I handfly the machine having to hold the yoke with constant right force or

trim all the time.

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

Opus cannot directly affect your aircraft's performance or operation although the DHM Bump Aircraft 3DOF mode has been know to have an adverse effect on some aircraft sims. The cure for this is to turn OFF the Bump Aircraft 3DOF option in the DHM dialog.

You could also check to see if you have any assigned buttons or key sequences in Opus (assigned to Camera views or Shortcuts) that conflict with FSX operations. In other words are already assigned within the sim or within FSUIPC4.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stephen

Seems like that helped. Dont know what that effect was.

Thanks!

(got a new issue in a new thread)

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

You can also count the Cera Simulations UH-60L to be affected by this problem. The problem manifested itself when kicking over full rudder when at around 100 and above KIAS. I'd lose all forward momentum and suddenly be in a left slide sideways, which would change and suddenly the scenery would be very stop-motion during control inputs, but frames wouldn't be suffering.. (Locked at 30FPS). Narrowed it down to OpusFSX when the problem would go away when I stopped Opus.

-Damien

Best to follow the above advice regarding turning off 3DOF control and perhaps increasing the Delay Factor. The 3DOF option is disabled by default now so users have to manually enable 3DOF to try it on their aircraft.

Stephen :smile:

Yep, the advice given in this thread was spot on. All fixed. Thank you guys. Any way we can start a thread listing aircraft adversely affected by the 3dof issue?

-Damien

Some aircraft sims just cannot handle turbulent motions in all three dimensions and only seem to work if they are reduced to two dimensions and even slowed down. But this may also depend on the system and how much demand is placed on it with other Addons.

I test with the RealAir Lancair Legacy, SF260, and PMDGs 737NGX all excellent sims that handle 3DOF and zero delay with ease. I do not use any other Addons apart from scenery, FSUIPC4 (not with any options enabled), and of course OpusFSX.

Stephen :-)

P.S.

3DOF is disabled by default now and has to be enabled manually.