Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

How good is PFPX auto route?

You can use  the auto route or  paste any rw route, i  generally use  the auto route  but  than sometimes i paste the route from
http://flightaware.com/    from rw  routes, all depends on what you want  to use

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

not using nats because I'm going in the opposite direction of traffic

Uh? Why not? Use NAT for the other direction!

Anyway auto route works fine. It will even make it a wind optimized route.

Uh? Why not? Use NAT for the other direction!

Anyway auto route works fine. It will even make it a wind optimized route.

What are you talking about? NATS are designed only for traffic going a specific direction during a specific time of day.

What are you talking about? NATS are designed only for traffic going a specific direction during a specific time of day.

Yeap, but some times both nattracks are active at the same time in PFPX, and you can use the one you need to plan the flight.

As for the auto route function, I'm not a real dispatcher or anything like that, but it has a tendency to try to make a route almost identical as the circle map direct route, and because of that it uses to much DCT and not so much airways.

But as I said I'm not a real dispatcher so maybe that is correct.

NATS go both east and west across the Atlantic, though.  So in your example you would still use a NAT for going EDDF - KORD.  PFPX will also plan an actual active NAT for crossing the Atlantic.

NATS go both east and west across the Atlantic, though.  So in your example you would still use a NAT for going EDDF - KORD.  PFPX will also plan an actual active NAT for crossing the Atlantic.

Nats are only active in one direction at one time. They are designed at peak times when the most airplanes are going from one direction to the other

Notice on the active nats page, it gives NIL for the opposite direction traffic. Anyone flying the opposite of the peak traffic is going to take a different route away from nats

https://www.notams.faa.gov/common/nat.html

W DOTTY CRONO 52/50 53/40 53/30 53/20 MALOT GISTIEAST LVLS 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390 400WEST LVLS NILEUR RTS EAST NILNAR N109B N113B N115B-X CYMON DENDU 51/50 52/40 52/30 52/20 LIMRI XETBOEAST LVLS 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390 400WEST LVLS NILEUR RTS EAST NILNAR N93B N97B N99A-Y YQX KOBEV 50/50 51/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOXEAST LVLS 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390 400WEST LVLS NIL

The auto route feature isn't bad, it usually keeps the route as close to a direct route as possible. Since I fly real world routes most of the time I usually just pull the route off FlightAware though.

Samuel Scully

The auto route feature isn't bad, it usually keeps the route as close to a direct route as possible. Since I fly real world routes most of the time I usually just pull the route off FlightAware though.

No European flights unless they are arriving in America though from Flightaware.

No European flights unless they are arriving in America though from Flightaware.

found  a couple of  flights  from klas  to egll  using  flightaware

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW274/history/20131102/0425Z/KLAS/EGLL

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I do most of my flying in the U.S. so it isn't an issue, but when I do fly outside the U.S. I check several sources for routes. Like I said though, the auto route feature isn't bad and I've used it several times.

Samuel Scully