Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

The new Nvidia driver

Have you guys tried the new "Game Ready" Nvidia drivers.  I swear that after installing them I have a much better and more stable sim.  I also upgraded to the 10.25 Beta so it could be that too.

Either way I was flying around some high res photoscenry in the Carenado Caravan at dusk and for a while I was just transported away, simply amazing.

Give it a shot if you have an Nvidia card.

Yes, I was flying the Carenado 340 at dusk in the Caribbean and it was quite convincing. I installed the game-ready drivers a couple of days ago. The game is usually very smooth so it's hard to tell if there was an improvement. The one thing I did notice, everything just seems to go faster. The sensation of speed appears more pronounced now.

Just installed it.

Certainly no problems found.

Interesting that it installs .net framework.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

the new NVIDIA drivers improved all my games/sims, especially fsx and xplane10.  I highly recommend them...Bravo Nvidia!

I also upgraded to the 10.25 Beta so it could be that too.

Sorry, what is this one?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Do you need Nvidia Inspector for GF 331.58?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I just ran the latest driver and the new Inspector without any issues .

I don't use inspector at all, since I use HDR and the settings don't actually do anything for the AA(has to be set in-game).

After looking around the net, I read that the drivers change something with the time-out delay, which is huge for me since I was having serious problems with open GL and my video card.

I was so happy with them I actually bought another add-on (the aforementioned carenado caravan), and I am making some new photoscenery of Lake Tahoe.

I'll explain....it's Xplane :lol:

Oops...came here directly from the "recently discussed" list and did not even look at the forum heading.

My comments apply to FSX.

Guess I will just slink out of here.... :)

gb.

Oops...came here directly from the "recently discussed" list and did not even look at the forum heading.

My comments apply to FSX.

Guess I will just slink out of here.... :)

gb.

I'm affraid it's impossible now!  You've been too close to the XP virus ... Symptoms will start revealing anytime soon  :ph34r:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I updated and had to roll back. After the installer was done (even after a restart) it killed my NVIDIA Surround and said none of my monitors were compatible. I rolled back the driver and then my Surround worked again. Which sucks because for the people it does work for, seems like this new driver has great benefits.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

To which driver version exactly is this thread referring, and where can it be found?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

To which driver version exactly is this thread referring, and where can it be found?

331.58 WHQL

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-58-whql-drivers-released

Installed this morning and so far so good :-). Using only the drivers and NI. Restored my saved NI profiles.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...