Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

SkyMAXX

Well, hope it comes out sooner rather than later. A lot of people here doing like this:  :smile: 

fcps.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think the transition has been relatively seamless so far, the biggest hurdle is working with the limitations of the LR SDK.  That will hopefully change soon, but most likely after a release.  If we get the cooperation we are anticipating  there will be even more options for the end-user.

Some notables are working with HDR and dawn dusk blending........

What kind of options ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

starflight and GoranM thank you for you lovely comments!

GoranM well i am heavily invested with fsx and my pc almost has no place [memory wise] to run another sim. though had tried the demo !

and starflighti was just looking at the latest topics on the main avsim page and it never mentioned this topic was related to xplane 10.

and starflighti was just looking at the latest topics on the main avsim page and it never mentioned this topic was related to xplane 10.

The latest topic feed aggregates from the entire board, you just have to look at the breadcrumb (parent folders) after opening the topic. Topics posted into the proper forum shouldn't have to mention which sim.

There've been other "this isn't for fsx" comments recently in XPlane topics, I was just getting a bit tired of seeing those...

The latest topic feed aggregates from the entire board, you just have to look at the breadcrumb (parent folders) after opening the topic. Topics posted into the proper forum shouldn't have to mention which sim.

There've been other "this isn't for fsx" comments recently in XPlane topics, I was just getting a bit tired of seeing those...

Actually, I take this as a sign of great progress, FSX users actually interested in X-Plane add-ons, even if they are a bit miffed its for X-Plane

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

What I find puzzling (and this is not meant as disrespect to any developers, but rather a compliment) is that it will only take 1 specific FSX development team to develop for X-Plane that will sway a a vast majority of FSX users to use X-Plane.  

THAT'S influence!

Hmmm Goran, I suppose that if LES started designing for FSX or P3D, or even Aerofly now that it's open for 3pds, most users would go there aswell checking your venture into those sims :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

starflight just relax i was not being contemptuous, and i really did not mean to offend in any way, after all these r just sims we are talking about.  

What I find puzzling (and this is not meant as disrespect to any developers, but rather a compliment) is that it will only take 1 specific FSX development team to develop for X-Plane that will sway a a vast majority of FSX users to use X-Plane.

THAT'S influence!

That's because the (unfortunate) majority of FSX users are tube liner FMS people.

Booooring.

A little off topic - but I once flew on vatsim during an event at a major USA hub. Over the frequency I heard someone decline a visual approach because it wasn't in their FMS..... Sigh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Over the frequency I heard someone decline a visual approach because it wasn't in their FMS..... Sigh

:lol:

Hmmm Goran, I suppose that if LES started designing for FSX or P3D, or even Aerofly now that it's open for 3pds, most users would go there aswell checking your venture into those sims :-)

I think I have a fair way to go before I get that kind of reputation, regardless, I accept all forms of flattery.

:good:

I think I have a fair way to go before I get that kind of reputation

As far as I'm concerned, you, LES, X-Aviation, really don't have to :-)

I have formally buried FSX, P3D and all of it's add-ons last night :-)

The "ceremony" included a rather delicate ritual used to get my registry and windows 7 clear of all traces of fsx, p3d and add-ons, soon followed by a message to the private forum of a well known fsx / p3d line of add-ons  ( and a very good one btw ) in which I have had the honor of participating for quite a few years - I strongly hope that in the future I can see them turn their attention into X-Plane !

I recall Larry having done the same to Propilot 99 on a ceremony attended by other well know simmers of our community some good years ago when the end of that promising project was announced.

I have done the same to another great project - MS FLIGHT - early this year.

In my flight simulation ( the only sort of simulation I use ) the "stayers" are, ELITE, DCS World, X-Plane 10 and Aerofly FS. I was offered a copy of the base IL2 Battle of Stalingrad which I will also install when the open beta becomes available around November.

There simply was no reason for me to keep using FSX, I have no plans to invest in P3D v2 ( it's the same in as far as physics modelling goes, as well as weather... ) and there are many good things being worked on for X-Plane 10! Overall the performance, detail, immersion and satisfaction I get from simulating flight in X-Plane outperforms the experience I get in FSX or P3D v1.4, and I know that keeping both would only distract me from concentrating in what I really want to do when I have a sim - flying short test flights, or performing simulated aerobatics, and or trying to tune FDMs :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have formally buried FSX, P3D and all of it's add-ons last night :-)

Only time will tell, JComm... only time will tell....  ;)

Only time will tell, JComm... only time will tell.... ;)

This time is for good!! I swear on my PMDG 777 !!! :biggrin:

Now, really, I don't want to get back... I hope I can find even better reasons to concentrate on X-Plane 10 in the near future. It's a lot of energy ( for me ) spent on more than one simulator with same coverage...

Un update is expected for the FF WL 777. SkyMAXX will get released sooner or later, more 3pds will progressively move to X-plane, Austin is working on a very important update to the flight dynamics, etc...

Of course I do not go online ( VATSIM or IVAO ), I do not use AI traffic, and I do not use ATC, but neither was I using it with FSX - that might indeed still cause some sensation of "missing something"...

Main Simulation Rig: