Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Anothers question about the 777 fmc for trainingn

Hello guys ;)

Three question for you today.

1- I have a little problem to track a radial, i enter my VOR frequency my fix etc... but many time that work and other no, so what order steping do you use?

2- Yesterday i was perform an apporoach in the old hong kong (VHHX) but when i tried to enter VHHX in the FMC i've got a "NOT IN DATA BASE"  my airac is fully update.So i use the ZUH and CH VOR to complete my approach.

3- I try to create an holding point wich is not in my FMC, so i enter the POS of the waypoint and the name of this waypoint and the computer show me "HOLDING AT WAYPOINT" but but nothing happen and i don't see the holding way in the sreens.

Can you help me to understand a little ? (im beginer :D )

Thanks a lot  B)

2- VHHX isn't in service anymore (replaced by VHHH). You'll either have to perform a search to get the FMC data in PMDG format for download (user files) or set up the approach yourself by defining custom waypoints as per the old VHHX charts.

2- VHHX isn't in service anymore (replaced by VHHH). You'll either have to perform a search to get the FMC data in PMDG format for download (user files) or set up the approach yourself by defining custom waypoints as per the old VHHX charts

I know he isn't working but the scenery is very beautiful :)

I was explaining why an up-to date FMC comes up with an error message - the airport has been removed from the realworld databases.

If you own FlyTampa's VHHX - all the charts and descriptions for manually setting up an approach in the FMC are included in the manual.

VHHX was only a valid ICAO code in 1998. Prior to 1998 it was VHHH (which became Chek Lap Kok) and after 1998, Kai Tak was closed.

There's some stuff you need to add into the AIRAC files to make it work.

They include some stuff in the FlyTampa scenery as mentioned, alternitavley

www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

777's don't hold a VOR track using LOC capture. Neither do 747's or 767's. (I'm not familiar with 787's yet, suspect they don't either).

It's all done in the FMC. either FIX page for a visual representation, or literally Place/Bearing/Distance

If the holding point you want to enter isn't on your flightplan and isn't "Present position" you will need to track to that new location in order to enter the holding pattern there.

say, flightplan is

ABC XYZ FINAL

and you want to enter a hold at RANDM

You enter the hold point as RANDM and all the hold details (radial/let time/etc)

Now you have the plane following a path from "where it is right now" to ABC to XYZ then to FINAL

It has also been instructed to enter a holding pattern once it arrives at RANDM

unfortunatley the aircraft will never arrive at RANDM because RANDM isn't in it's track.

Find RANDM in the LEGS page and put it at the top, Now it will fly direct to RANDM and after it arrives at RANDM it will go and do what is the next item in the Legs page (this may be a route discontinuity, a holding pattern, or one of the waypoints in the flightplan).