Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Any update on the DC-6? Its been almost 2 years.

Hey PMDG I know yal are busy but, I just wondered if yal are still making the DC-6. I'm not asking for a release date or screens I'm just wondering if yal are still making the plane.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If I had to take a guess I'd say that they'd like to, but between the T7 development/post-release fixes and the 747v2, they don't have the time or resources available. At some indefinite point in the future they might be able to finish it.

I imagine it would be after all the T7 post-release issues have been handled, the 747v2 has been released and all those post-release issues have been handled, AND any service packs for the NGX, T7 and 747v2 have all been put out and verified to be bug-free, then they'll end up working on it at a more leisurely pace before they begin working on their next latest and greatest product.

Then again, I really have no idea and just assume the worst to avoid getting disappointed. They could be ready to push it out next week as a surprise for all I know. I'd love an update as well, but I know they have a ton of stuff on their plate as is. Hopefully we'll hear something relatively soon.

it's being worked on by the teams that are done their parts of the other projects or are waiting for the other development areas to catch up. I'm guessing that they are either working on it a little bit, when certain areas of the team can, or, and this is more likely, most of the stuff that needed to be done had to be done by the same people who were/are busy on the T7 so it took a back seat. But of course only PMDG know where it is

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They have not given a status update on anything in a long time. I haven't seen RSR around for a long time either. So good luck getting an answer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Agree. Will be the first PMDG product I will not buy - up until now I've bought everything. Not sure what the fuss is about this aircraft, but each to their own.

David Porrett

Agree. Will be the first PMDG product I will not buy - up until now I've bought everything. Not sure what the fuss is about this aircraft, but each to their own.

Because its something different and promises to be quite fun to fly. There's even a couple of DC-6 flying around the world

Lee

LeeL, on 27 Oct 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Because its something different and promises to be quite fun to fly. There's even a couple of DC-6 flying around the world

Fair enough  :good:

David Porrett

Hey PMDG I know yal are busy but, I just wondered if yal are still making the DC-6. I'm not asking for a release date or screens I'm just wondering if yal are still making the plane.

I think, if you take in account this aircraft has been out of production for many years, the PMDG staff could be having a hard time finding all the necessary parts to make one. They are probably traveling the world in searching for spares to finish it. :rolleyes:

Johann van Rhyn

Doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Me neither. I'm into the modern era of aircraft. 

But as stated by someone above me, "To each his own."  ^_^

Lee

I found the NGX "fun to fly" ( :P) even though it isn't exactly my type of (RW) aircraft. But thanks to me(!) funding PMDG by purchasing their NGX they were able to finally deliver the B777 to me.   :rolleyes:

Maybe I should continue funding them by buying the DC-6 so, one day in the very(!) distant future, they can deliver my A380 (for X-Plane only) to me?!?   :lol:

I found the NGX "fun to fly" ( :P) even though it isn't exactly my type of (RW) aircraft. But thanks to me(!) funding PMDG by purchasing their NGX they were able to finally deliver the B777 to me. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should continue funding them by buying the DC-6 so, one day in the very(!) distant future, they can deliver my A380 (for X-Plane only) to me?!? :lol:

Haha I probably won't even get it... I was just saying what I know others are looking forward to

Or maybe I will get it.... Yup I probably will who am I kidding

I can't wait for this one- there's something about big old radial aircraft that intrigues me. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg