Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

MyTrafficX 5.4C - ATI - traffic levels

I posted the following on the ATI discussion thread but thought I would also post it as a new thread relative to MyTrafficX. I do NOT have all the answers since I am still testing but I definitely am getting ntdll.dll crashes when using MyTrafficX 5.4c. I do not have the crash when I disable/remove all MyTraffic AI and restore all default AI.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422802-serious-issue-with-ati-and-steves-dx10-fix-tears-and-spikes-everywhere/page-9#entry2835351

OK, I have been back and forth with a lot of the tweaks and I still wasn't having total success. I have been getting the infamous ntdll.dll crash. I turned down the airline traffic to zero and it went away. I tried again at 20 and it came back. I removed the MyTrafficX 5.4C traffic and reinstalled the default AI traffic. I now have traffic at 100% airline and 25% GA. I am running ATI driver 12.8 (display driver 8.982.0 7/27/2012). I am going to reintroduce my AI traffic from MyTraffic and see what happens.

I thought I would post these results for information purposes, just in case there is a link here with the general ATI problems we have been having.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Bob,

I've had a few of these as well. It has been reported to Burkhard at http://forum.simflight.com/topic/75131-54c-ctd-problem-a-solution/?hl=ntdll   Message 14 has a patch.

Before I report my issue, I'm still playing around with it. There is a patch you might want to try. It's noted in the forum I just attached. I tried it and haven't had any issues "yet". If you do use it, follow the instructions closly. My sliders on airlines is at 30% right now. I'll increase it slowly and see if it gets nasty. If it still does it, I'll report it.

Edit: I think you can also go back to the 2012 schedules and it doesn't happen.

Danny

Danny,

Thank you for those suggestions. I will give them a try and see what happens.

THANKS!!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Danny,

Thank you for those suggestions. I will give them a try and see what happens.

THANKS!!!

I have a phobia when someone tells me to "delete" something so I backed up the old files first. I think there were a total of six files.

Hope it works out for you.

Danny

I'm the one that started the linked thread; as was suggested, I believe the 2013 schedules are the problem. Apparently not everyone can replicate the crashes but it seemed to be more prevalent in the US southwest. The patch didn't help me, but I've had no crashes when I use 2012 schedules, whereas it's almost every time I fly (especially out of KPHX) with the 2013 schedules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I'm the one that started the linked thread; as was suggested, I believe the 2013 schedules are the problem. Apparently not everyone can replicate the crashes but it seemed to be more prevalent in the US southwest. The patch didn't help me, but I've had no crashes when I use 2012 schedules, whereas it's almost every time I fly (especially out of KPHX) with the 2013 schedules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I haven't tried the 2012 schedules but I will if I continue to get the crashes. I'm easing it up slowly. I get mine out of KDFW. I may take a spin around KPHX. I did a straight up install of 54c so no upgrade was involved. If I get another one, I'll go ahead and report it.

Thanks for the info. The patch may not help me either.

Danny

I have just tried the 2012 schedules and I got the dreaded ntdll.dll crashes AGAIN....... :rolleyes:

Maybe I just have to be satisfied with using the default AI!!  :(

Thanks for your suggestions, it was worth a try..................

Regards,

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

You should tell Burkhard about it in the forum where the patches were. I flew Brian's KPHX and KDFW at 30% and 40% last night. No errors so far. Are you testing at KRND?

Danny

You should tell Burkhard about it in the forum where the patches were. I flew Brian's KPHX and KDFW at 30% and 40% last night. No errors so far. Are you testing at KRND?

I was testing at KDVT. I am going to post this AM in the forum where the patches are but I am going to do one more test this morning confirming the delete and patches are in. Thanks Danny, for this insight. I wasn't sure where Lavon is but it is a BIG town!! :lol:  Thanks again.

I just did a retest after confirming the delete and patch. Using a 2012 schedule at KDVT and I got the ntdll.dll crash at the end of loading aircraft.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Wow!   I've been getting the dreaded "ntdll.dll" crashes for some time now and never thought of MTX5.4c as being the culprit.

I'm definitely heading over to the forums and checking out that patch. 

Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

Alexander Alonso

I was having the ntdll.dll crash problem with 5.4c also. I reviewed the comments on this at the MytrafficX forums a few weeks ago and there did not seem to be a solution, so I uninstalled MyTraffic completely and then reinstalled it only with the patches to get me back to 5.4b. Runs fine now, no crashes.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ted. I don't have 4.5b. I came in after the release of 4.5c. I've uninstalled 4.5c several times. Re-installed with 4.5c and put the patch in. Still have issues with it. I'll try the 2012 schedules.

Danny

I should add, that I was getting these crashes flying around the Los Angeles area. I read on the Mytraffic forums that the crashes seem to occur in the US southwest. I didn't try flying anywhere else before reverting back to 5.4b.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

The 2012 Schedules seem to work for me.. So far.. I was about ready to ask Burkhard for 4.5b so I could at least fly a little. But so far, so good on the 2012 schedules.

Danny

The 2012 Schedules seem to work for me.. So far.. I was about ready to ask Burkhard for 4.5b so I could at least fly a little. But so far, so good on the 2012 schedules.

Danny, glad to hear the 2012 schedules are working for you. I am going to do more testing tonight but at 40 I get the ntdll.dll crashes. I am now at 30 and flights during today have been OK. I will see what happens with a couple of flights tonight. This is really a perplexing problem. I may just go back and reinstall 5.4a, 5.4b and then 5.4c and test along the way?

Have fun!!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab