Sign in to follow this  
MatthewL

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

About to click purchase on this one! Just want to here some final opinions. As much as I enjoy flying the big tubeliners I love flying shorter routes a lot more, so I was checking out the Q400 from MJC. I've seen the aircraft in signatures and other various mentions of it. The Dash 8 is my favorite aircraft, so I'm surprised I haven't picked this one up yet. 

Can I hear some opinions from some that have purchased the aircraft? I've read up a lot on it and the reviews seem very positive, but I would like to have a final outlook. 

Best Regards, Matt.

Would like to add, If I do go forward with the purchase is the Pilot edition good enough? Is it worth the extra price for the pro?

If you are already a fan of the Dash 8 then this one is a no-brainer - It's worth every penny. The pro edition is not available yet but if you decide to update when it is, you can do so by just paying the upgrade price.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

If you are already a fan of the Dash 8 then this one is a no-brainer - It's worth every penny. The pro edition is not available yet but if you decide to update when it is, you can do so by just paying the upgrade price.

Thank You! Just purchased it, can't wait to fly this bird. Any more inputs are appreciated as well.

Thank You! Just purchased it, can't wait to fly this bird.

You made a very good choice.  Excellent aircraft!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Unofficial Majestic Software Support forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Take your time to set up the plane via MJC control panel. Read the documentation and search the tutorials on the forum. Happy flying, I love it.

I think one of the, almost weird, aspects if this product is how little performance hit there is. I don't have the best computer, but this plane performs just like the default jets for me, no fps hit! 5* rating for me ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

If I remember right I was not able to solve an issue and had to return it.. This is the first add on I actually returned.

Its because I was using Flight illusion gauges that would not work with  this addon. This aircraft does not out put out the 6 primary gauge numbers out via the FSUIPC  for third party software like Saitek Insrument Panel or Project Majetna or Flight Illusion to read and display instrument in your cockpit.

So this may not be an issue for most folks...but if you have home cockpit do your due diligence.

I checked my e-mail convo that I had with MAjestic

Quote:

> The bank goes to 29degree like in a Left bank and stops/freezes even if I
> I bank right.
> . The Pitch goes to negative -020 and freezes. The display within the
> VC is fine. I am talking about the values sent out of FSX via FSUIPC.
>
>
> I am including the screen shot here. All the numbers there changes in
> flight..except the ptich and bank. And My TC/Ball is also not working..but
> that too does not show those positions.

> I checked with Saitek Instrument Panel. Same issue. So folks having Saitek
> Instrument Panel would not be able to use SAITEK panels with this
> aircraft.
>
>
> It maybe to your interest to capture these numbers and publish them within
> FSX. Just a thought

Hello

Eventually this might be done, but we can't promise anything for sure of
course.

With best regards,
Oleksiy Frolov
Majestic Software Support

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This is one of the best, if not THE best addons out right now IMO for FSX. They spent a LOT of time on this one, and they will be coming out, hopefully shortly with the Pro edition, that will have the ability to do shared cockpit, failures and such.

It flies great, and like the others above said, incredibly for the amount of detail, there is almost no FPS hit between this and default aircraft. She looks great, and flies better!

You made a good choice with investing in Majestic.

I am absolutely AMAZED by this airplane. The physics are incredible, the best i've ever seen. 

Definetly my new favorite along with the NGX.

Also very little FPS impact, if there is, amazing sound, simulation, best addon i've ever purchased. 

And a very beautiful airplane, great to look at.

Such a magnificent plane for me till Version 1.7. I have huge problems with the latest version 1.8. It keeps banking hard to the right (on the average once every two launches) immediately I engage the Autopilot. ILS approach has become a mission as it disconnects too high with a message that says "ILS CAT II FAILURE" at all airports I have tried. Last version had no issues at all, as long as the approach speed was right, and I am thinking of uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling the last one. Otherwise one of the best addons ever made for FSX (my opinion)

Seetella Makhetha