Sign in to follow this  
MatthewL

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

Two questions that may help you fix problems with 1.008.

1. Did you calibrate your controls within the MJC8 config tool after installing 1.008?
  2. Are you using ActiveSky Next (ASN)? See http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?2066-Compatibility-issue-FSUIPC-4-924-4-925-and-ASN and ensure you are using the latest version of FS UIPC (v4.926)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have not purchased the dash 8 Pro yet.

Couple questions.

Which Universal FMC model is used?

Is the 2D cockpit currently available in the Pro version?

Are there still problems with the FMS LNAV/RNAV or ILS approaches?

Are updates (or service packs .. might have the wrong name here) applied to all (Pilot/Pro/Training) or are there specific ones for each?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Which Universal FMC model is used?

Are updates (or service packs .. might have the wrong name here) applied to all (Pilot/Pro/Training) or are there specific ones for each?

the simulated fmc is Universal UNS1E FMS.

i believe the pro version will have 2d panel but as far as i know the pro version is not released yet.

i never had problems with the ILS but i know the most recent patch changed the rnav stuff, i think it is supposed to be more solid now, i haven't noticed anything unusual although i haven't tested them much either..

so far the updates have just been to the pilot version but that's the only one released yet as far as i know

cheers
-andy crosby

• Only the pilot version has been released; the Pro and Training versions will include a full selection of 2D panels on release but the Pilot version only has some popups such as FMS, PFD, MFD and ARCDU.
  • The service packs are all labelled for the pilot edition, so I guess they would be specific.
  • ILS approaches work fine now but I still have RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together.
  • All the online vendors have promised to allow you to upgrade from Pilot to Pro by paying the price difference only.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Andy,

Thanks alot for your feedback.

"the simulated fmc is Universal UNS1E FMS."
Ok, I will read up on it.

"i believe the pro version will have 2d panel but as far as i know the pro version is not released yet."
I like 2D cockpit. That is why I would purchase the Pro version.
Actually, I thought all three of their products (Pilot, Pro and Training) were released.
Their Internet sales page did not mention, as fare as could tell, that only the pilot version was now available / completed.
Glad I checked in this forum first.

"i never had problems with the ILS but i know the most recent patch changed the rnav stuff, i think it is supposed to be more solid now, i haven't noticed anything unusual although i haven't tested them much either.."
Ok, I will wait for their product development to complete and then take another look.

"so far the updates have just been to the pilot version but that's the only one released yet as far as i know".
Ok, so it is still in fixes / testing stage of the released Pilots version.

Today I went and looked at their internet sales page and noticed this"
"Upgrades can be issued by the particular online stores, subject to the store policy".

So, pilots who purchased cannot get the fixes / patches / upgrades directly from Majestic?
I would not want to worry about having to purchase a product twice because of a policy problem, just saying.

Chris,

Thanks for you answers.

"Only the pilot version has been released; the Pro and Training versions will include a full selection of 2D panels on release but the Pilot version only has some popups such as FMS, PFD, MFD and ARCDU."
Ok, I was looking at the Pro version with the 2D panel cockpit .... after it is completed and gets its first service pack (initial fixes).
The POP-ups are ok for me .. I will un-dock them and put them on my second monitor.

"ILS approaches work fine now but I still have RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together."
Ok, I will wait for the fixes. Skipping waypoints is not a good thing.

"All the online vendors have promised to allow you to upgrade from Pilot to Pro by paying the price difference only."
Ok.

Best Regards,

Chris,

"RNAV/LNAV skipping a waypoint occasionally when they're close together."

Which airport and which procedures did you notice it on .... I would like to take a look.

Best Regards,

Noticed it on my last two flights in to Edinburgh (EGPH) when flying from the STAR termination to the ILS FAF; if I remember correctly I was using the TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition.

Today I went and looked at their internet sales page and noticed this"
"Upgrades can be issued by the particular online stores, subject to the store policy".

So, pilots who purchased cannot get the fixes / patches / upgrades directly from Majestic?
I would not want to worry about having to purchase a product twice because of a policy problem, just saying.

That is correct, the vendors are responsible for distributing any updates that Majestic release. I bought mine from JustFlight and I've had no problem getting updates.

The other approved vendors are SimMarket (not heard anyone complain about them) and Flight Sim Pilot Shop (who can take a few days roll out updates from when Majestic release them).

support1.jpg

Chris,

Thanks for the additional information.

"Noticed it on my last two flights in to Edinburgh (EGPH) when flying from the STAR termination to the ILS FAF; if I remember correctly I was using the TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition."

I am going to find these charts and have a look.

Chris,

I got the plates for TWEED1A and TWEED2C in to ILS runway 06 and the I-06 transition.

Where did you have a problem ..what went wrong ? on this approach?

Best Regards,

Try this,

CRS FL250

KMEM ELVIS2.EFOUR EFOUR CBM MGM SZW SZW KTLH  (ILS27 Approach Procedure.. FEKAD)

Set VNAV for 3000ft at FEKAD

Disconnects and make a 180 everytime after SZW!

Rendi,

"KMEM ELVIS2.EFOUR EFOUR CBM MGM SZW SZW KTLH"

You just wanted one EFOUR ... IN THE ROUTE?

Also ... did second SZW cause a 180 turn for you?

Best Regards,