Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

SAS Scandinavian Airlines - Aircraft Configuration

Hello.

I am looking for the aircraft configuration for SAS Scandinavian Airlines' newer 737.800. In particular LN-RGC.

If there's someone who can help me out, feel free to contact me. Thanks for any help. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Hello.

I am looking for the aircraft configuration for SAS Scandinavian Airlines' newer 737.800. In particular LN-RGC.

If there's someone who can help me out, feel free to contact me. Thanks for any help. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

If you are talking about the seating configuration there is no way it canbe changed.

Michael Cubine

I am pretty sure he is talking cockpit conf...

Christian - I'll take a look, but I am afraid I don't have any friends at NAX flightline...

Indeed, I am talking about the aircraft cockpit configuration and not the seating configuration.

Peter; thank you very much! Just to be clear, I am looking for SAS and not NAX (Norwegian Air Shuttle). But if you stumble across a good source for NAX I would not decline it. :smile:

In the meantime I have added three more SAS aircraft to my list: LN-RPX (600), LN-RRB and LN-RRM (both 700s).

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

There are a couple SAS flightdeck videos on YouTube, maybe you should contact the uploaders and hope they can provide you with the information you need. 

For the ones who are not aware and therefore for the sake of curiosity which are the specific cockpit configurations of newer SAS 737 ng ?

Peter; thank you very much! Just to be clear, I am looking for SAS and not NAX (Norwegian Air Shuttle). But if you stumble across a good source for NAX I would not decline it.

Ah! My bad, seen LN though NAX automatically. SAS unfortunately I am pretty sure I cannot help you.

When I fly with SAS I ususally visit the cockpit at the end and what I have noticed is that all SAS planes have very different equipment on board. There are all kinds of versions in the SAS fleet: SAS Sweden, SAS Norway, SAS Denmark, Ex Braathens, ... I asked the pilots about standard configuration and they say that it is very different from plane to plane. A few things that I know though is that they have carbon brakes, no brake temp, they have HUD, very few have VSD, no airstairs, ISFD standby instruments, Navigation performance scales visible. I have seen both MCP types in the planes. 

All this is very random info and might be wrong but it fits at least few SAS planes.

I know that you are looking for specific aircraft but I can not help you with that.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The older B737-600 and B737-800 seems to have Collins A/P but all pictures I've seen they have ISFD, supose they were delivered with analogue standbyinstruments and have been changed then.

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I've spent some time looking into SAS 737 cockpit configs, and found a few commonalities:

1) ex Braathens-fleet (B737s regged LN-TU*) are mostly still with

-Honeywell MCP, analog stby instruments, 100kt bug, V2+20 bug, no AOA, no GS, radio alt at the bottom of the PFD, TRK up, no range rings, no VSD, no VOR lines, no RNP/ANP, round fuel dials, Kilograms, Oil in quarts, no info on brake temp or FCS display; callouts are 1000/500/50/40/30/20/10/PLUS HUNDRED, MINIMUMS

2) frames delivered in recent years (like LN-RG* series)

-AOA dial, pitch limit flags on PFD, still TRK up, RNP/ANP, FCS display, fuel total display, callouts seem the same. I'm still figuring out on this one. 

Christian- Thrilled to see you back in the saddle!  Hope all is well.... will your Dropbox be functional once more, soon?

Best- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper