Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

ORBX KWYS, KJAC, KBZN

Hey guys
  I just wanted to know if these ORBX airports will work in Dx10 (w/Fixer) properly, I'm going to buy them from FSS but I wanted to make sure they are work in DX10 because I hear ORBX compatibilty is hit or miss sometimes with DX10. Anyways if you use DX10 and these airports please let me know!

Take Care!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have each of these FTX airports and Dx10 but no Fixer.

I have not experienced a problem with them.

The nearest to what I thought was a Dx10 problem with a FTX airport was Queenstown in New Zealand South Island. The manual raised the possibility of a possible problem with Dx10 but I eventually found out that the missing buildings, some missing taxiway and runway markings etc were due to a conflict with Aerosoft Antarctica which I was able to quickly resolve.

Try the Compatibility Forum in the FTX Forum. That should give you a better indication than what one person has experienced.

Why do you guys run Dx10, just curious not meant as a trolling question...

Did it give you better framerates on your system?

Why do you guys run Dx10, just curious not meant as a trolling question...

Did it give you better framerates on your system?

For some, it does yield smoother simming and better texture management. Some just like the look of the DX10 shaders over DX9. For others (such as myself), DX10 is the ONLY option on my Windows 8.1 setup.