Sign in to follow this  
Mike Madin

Edit Voice Pack 3.1

Good Day All

Tried to do an update today with my long installed EVP 3.1 and got the following message "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MicrosoftGames\FlightSimulator\9.0 is missing or does not point to a valid installation of Flight Simulator. If you do not know how to fix this problem manually please re install Flight Simulator"

\I have checked in the REGEDIT files and indeed there is no \MicrosoftGames\FlightSimulator\9.0 after the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.

When I check HKEY_CURRENT_ USER everything is there.

Can anyone help with how to fix this problem manually as I would hate to have to re install my fs9 and all my addon sceneries.

Thanks

ou toppie

Guest JustanotherPilot

Uninstall Editvoicepack with Revo(it's free and removes all registry entries), reboot computer, install Editvoicepack (V3), open it to see if it works, if it does, close, install update, open again.

I had the exact same problem a while back, I did exactly what N60JBravo suggested and it worked like a charm! Doesn't take more than a few seconds.

Hi All,

Many thanks, tried the registry repair and it did not work. Downloaded the revo uninstalled my EVP 3.1 and 4.0 with evo. reinstalled both 3.1 and 4.0 ran them and they both work perfectly again.

What I cant understand is that the original message no longer appears yet there is still no \MicroSoftGames\FlightSimulator\9.0 in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE regedit.exe

Never mind, at least it works!!!!!

Thanks again

ou toppie