Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IrishAirline99

A330 Cockpit

Hi all, 

I am a new member of this site and have recently became interested towards building an A320/330 cockpit. Airbus are my preferred aircraft as they have amazing and unique features. I am only interested in building the captains side because of  lack of room. So far, I have worked out the following to build: 

PFD 

MFD  

Both of the above will be displayed on a 16" inch monitor (TV) 

Rudder Pedals (Saitek): Hoping to buy these soon!!! :lol:   

For the autopilot panel, I am currently looking at the Saitek panel and I am hoping to purchase it sometime.  

I already have a sidestick (joystick): black widow flightstick 

I also have a saitek throttle quadrant which 2 levers will be used for engines and the one for flaps or spoilers. The buttons below the throttle will be engine master switches and emergency switches, or perhaps spoilers or reverse thrust (can`t configure saitek throttle for reverse) The main display will be my laptop or another monitor. 

I have one problem, my 16" phillips tv has dvi inputs only. I got a hdmi-dvi cable and it didn`t work for connecting my laptop to it:( The DVI input was DVI-? but the cable was DVI-I. Was it the wrong cable or is the tv not compatible of doing the job?? The TV is 5-6 years old. Anyway, please help!! I will post the update soon!!!:) 

-IrishAirline99

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A bit of a suggestion for you: have a look at the VRInsight Airbus FCU. This is basically the entire A320/330 glareshield and will save you from buying extra panels after the autopilot. They even have a downsized Airbus overhead if you want to take things that far. http://vrinsight.com/public_html/index.php?module=Board&action=SiteBoard_1&iBrdNo=31&sMode=SELECT_FORM

Wow! Thanks! They are definitely amazing! I am currently sketching the Main Airbus Panel but I am hoping to build my own panels and then adding saitek autopilot panel and radio panel. I might consider this though.