Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

Possible to reduce the "washed out" cockpit glass on most planes?

I know it's realistic that the windows are anti-glare and all, but I'd like to make the inside view as "claritan clear" as it is outside.  Some planes have such bad washed out views that it makes it impossible to view the scenery in it's true colors.  Have to constantly use external to see the scenery in all it's glory.  Any ideas?

Funny I was thinking the same thing the other day when flying between KDFW and KLAS in my NGX.

If your handy with photoshop or any editing software you can alter the transparency of the window textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Best solution is to get DXTBmp http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm to open the appropriate file (which is different for every aircraft... sometimes you simply need to open all textures until you find the right one and sometimes the name of the file is very clear) and then send the alpha channel to Photoshop (or another editor), make it completely black, save the file in the editor, reload the alpha channel into DXTBmp and then save the file (most often it's a DTX5 file, if memory serves me well). 

All steps will become clear when you install DXTBmp and have a look at the interface. And if not, just ask here. ;)

I usually always completely remove the window tint and reflection because I also like a clear view on the scenery (realistic or not).