Sign in to follow this  
allobagamer

Scenery Hiccups at KSEA

Hey guys! 

I'm a nooby and this is my first post so go easy on me :) 

I've recently installed a couple of FSX add-ons, to be specific i used REX Essential FTX Central (Northwest America) and GEX Europe 

I've realized that my machine and graphics card are not powerful enough to run all above with acceptable frames/sec, so i reverted back to the original scenery files thought that in itself deserves another topic post. [AMD FX 8350 8 Core, 4.2GHz overclocked at 4.4GHz + AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb + 8 Gigs of RAM]

I made sure to restore my original scenery files however, when spawning in Seattle Airport KSEA, i found that the scenery and ground profiles were corrupted, meaning that a couple of hills are on my runway! see attached photo. 

When i enable FTX however, the hills disappear!

Any help will be great! Thanks in advance!  

I'm no scenery wizard, but this looks like a mesh issue. Hope someone more knowledgeable than me comes along and helps!

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

In the scenery library, delete the "PNW_Mesh" PNW_Scenery PNW_Objects... I cannot remember the exact names but that usually fixes that problem.

I'll try that and report back! 

More details on the issue, during a multi session last night I also noticed that other planes are positioned higher than my plane. I took a snap shot but can't seem to figure out how to attache it to this post. 

Here's a snapshot of the levitating planes  :mellow:

Edited by firehawk44
Image exceeds 1600W and 400KB Limits. Yours 1900W and 2.10MB's

Look in your \FSX\Scenery\World\scenery folder and see if there is a file sitting in there with KSEA or SEA in the name and is dated newer than 2006/2007. If so, rename it with an added extension of .OFF, so it's .BGL.OFF. Then go check KSEA again with your add on scenery disabled.

/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/ - ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX/

ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH/ - ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM/ all need to be added to the scenery library... I had the same problem, then I installed PNW and it still was like that. So I added those 4 entries into the scenery library, and it worked.

Thanks a lot guys!!! meshman's fix worked like a charm!! Thanks a lot!!!!!! 

Tommy, just out of curiosity, what did you mean by adding entries into the scenery library? Create dummy folders? or did you mean for me to copy them from the targets you listed above into the scenery library folder?