Sign in to follow this  
wilax

AI textures disappearing then FS hangs (FIX)

Recently I had noticed that when I flew into LAX or ORD, I would suddenly lose textures on ai aircraft and then buildings. If I started the sim at these airports, I would get the same problem, and then FS would hang.

After chasing down every possible angle over the course of several days, I have found the problem.

Just days before the problem crept up, I had downloaded and installed World of Ai's most recent traffic files for American Airlines. I went into the traffic folder (scenery/world/scenery) and removed the bgl file, and voila! no more lost textures and no more hanging!

It seems that one or more of the aircraft included with that file has texture issues of some sort. I have not chased it down yet, but I am in the process.

You may have been able to fix the texture by simply opening it in imagetool.exe and saving it.

Peter Schluter