Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Yoke for flight?

Hi

Are there anyone using yoke-controller with Flight and how is it doing with it? Could someone recommend one?

I would prefer a small one, if there are any. Few years ago (actually it was over 20 years ago) I had  very small yoke, which looked like DIY, but was manufactured, which I used with my Commodore Amiga and FS 2 and was great.

-eelis-

I use the same yoke I've used for many years with several versions of flight simulators - CH products USB.  It's done a fine job but is getting a bit worn now. When I replace it, I'll probably just get another.

I also use the CH Products USB pedals.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I use a Saitek Pro Yoke & Pedals (I also use a joystick instead of the yoke  when its appropriate) All work great in Flight.

(I also use a joystick instead of the yoke  when its appropriate)

Well I fly Flight mainly by mouse, because it has very delicate touch to controlling the planes.

I do have joystick, but in my opinion, it is no good for precise flying (at least not my one, MS sidewinder 2, I think), only when I want to fly aerobatics, it is any good. So good and preferably small yoke is what I need, and thank you for your recommendations.

-eelis-

I used to use a 'yoke' (actually it was a steering wheel-style controller fo driving games) that I bought at a swap meet many moons ago for about $10.  Worked really great for my (then) MSFS 2K.  Had a much more natural 'feel' to it (as I'm also a real-world Student Pilot), especially with the Light GA planes.  I can't remember the make/model, though.

The problem with most cheap yokes in they are very inaccurate and realistic.

Saitek and CH are simply cheap knock offs of what the real thing should be.

if you want close to reality you have to spend 6 or 7 hundred. PFC is one of those.

Sorry DoubleJ but I have to disagree with you. I've been very satisfied with my CH setup. As far as I'm concerned, it works just fine for a simulator.  Granted, it isn't totally realistic in feel and function, but I haven't found one that is.  Even the PFC unit isn't perfect in that respect.

As you noted, however, one can spend a small fortune on accessories for flight simulators, but I haven't found the need to do so.  It all boils down to what an individual wants and is happy with. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Sorry DoubleJ but I have to disagree with you. I've been very satisfied with my CH setup. As far as I'm concerned, it works just fine for a simulator.  Granted, it isn't totally realistic in feel and function, but I haven't found one that is.  Even the PFC unit isn't perfect in that respect.

As you noted, however, one can spend a small fortune on accessories for flight simulators, but I haven't found the need to do so.  It all boils down to what an individual wants and is happy with. 

It's all in personal opinion, unfortunately you won't know until you try it for yourself. I'm contemplating selling my saitek yoke, I just get a far better experience with the joystick and I just don't like the yoke itself. 

I've heard positive opinions as well, so of course it's just my opinion. 

Also if you decide to go with the yoke, I reccommend the Saitek myself, I tried the CH and while it was alright, I still had a better experience with the Saitek Yoke, and I use it a little under half of the time I fly.

I had the CH yoke and pedals. Now I have the Saitek yoke and pedals. I made the change because the CH stuff wore out, The Saitek has better bearings and therefore returns to neutral easier, For those who find the mouse more sensitive, you can do some changes to an XML file to reduce or eliminate the null areas and to increase or decrease the sensitivity to your yoke, pedals, joystick etc. thus giving you the mouse sensitivity you love in your yoke or stick.

Moe

Thank you guys, I see there is basically 2 yokes to choose from, if one has to keep budget up.

I think I will stick to mouse at the time (which I have been using at the beginning of Flight), because there seems not to be small enough yoke at the market ...yet.

Those bigger ones would be nice, but just can't fit those in my desk at the moment.

So Thanks!

-eelis-

The problem with most cheap yokes in they are very inaccurate and realistic.

Saitek and CH are simply cheap knock offs of what the real thing should be.

if you want close to reality you have to spend 6 or 7 hundred. PFC is one of those.

I had really good 'results' with that one I mentioned before.  Wish I still had it to use with my FS9.