Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

FSX will not start - not even the splash screen - HELP!

Hi everyone

For no apparent reason FSX will not start - no recent installations, and no crashes to desktop in the last session of FSX.

I simply get a spinning pointer for a few seconds then a return to the desktop.

I have used my FSX Acceleration DVDto repair FSX Acceleration, without success.  Any suggestions other than a complete uninstall and re-installation from scratch?

Regards,

ozzieblr

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Tried the system restore option unless some  one  else  got  a better idea

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There are a few things you could try before a system restore, if you're interested.

Fix your logbook, and have FSX build a new config file.

You can find more by searching the Internet for "FSX will not start".

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Delet your fsx.cfg and start FSX again. (Bacup the original fsx.cfg if you need it for later).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have seen this happen to others where they have not registered a program after the trial period and also some have tried to install pirated payware aircraft or sceneries.  If you have loaded anything recently into FSX then go to that entry and remove the software and try it again. Might help.  

D3d9.dll removal from fsx folder can fix this if you use Enb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Thanks for your suggestions everyone ...

The logbook fix did not work - no corruption/errors found.

The fsx.cfg delete did not work - the program is not getting far enough to make a new one.

I do not use ENB, so D3D9.dll is not the problem.

I have no pirated software - everything is legit registered payware.

The repair from the master DVD did not work.

System restore did not work - I only had one restore point which was very recent (not sure why that was).  The problem remained.

Any other suggestions?  Removal and re-installation looking more likely now, with all the attendant add-on re-registrations.  Would love to avoid that if I can.

Regards,

ozzieblr

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

No Teamspeak or other VOIP.

My guess is that some other program that starts up with FSX is the culprit. I am no expert at this but I have solved similar problems by rearranging the order of items in the dll.xml. It seems that almost every add-on rearranges it.

Located in your Users\.......Apps Data\Roaming\ Microsoft\FSX folder

Don't forget to save a copy of the dll.xml before doing anything

To edit it: Right click and hit "Edit"

Hope this will help.

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I once had a similar problem with the log book  and found that  deleting it completly worked, it then creates a fresh one. 

worth a try?

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I recently tried installing only a partial install of MSE Florida. For some reason, FSX refused to start after that. No logbook deletions, fsx.cfg deletions, etc worked. I had to go in and manually delete the MSE Florida files. Check to see if you have a scenery file missing or corrupt (installed anything new and it began these non-start actions)?

Here are more possible solutions - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409994-fsx-stops-after-3-seconds/

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10