Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

New nVidia driver Vsync broken

After installing the newest nVidia driver, i can't get vsync working again.

Using DX10 Fixer

Using vsync and 30 fps limiter in nvidia control panel.

Anyone else got this?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

.....Anyone else got this?

If you're talking about nVidia 331.58 I can only tell that it works fine but I set FPS in nVidia profile to zero and set FPS=31 in fsx.cfg. My FSX run in DX10 mode but not with the DX10 Fixer. I have Steve's DX10 patch 3.2.2

I use nVidia Inspector to maintain the profiles, never the nVidia Control Panel.

Spirit

Perhaps there will be an update for the DX10 fixer.
Also using inspector.

I like FPS unlimited in FSX and use external limiter.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Installed latest beta, everything is fine again, how could they miss this?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I use nVidia Inspector to maintain the profiles, never the nVidia Control Panel.

Spirit

I have both but the tools icon in "Inspector" is greyed out. I presume because of the nvidia control panel.

I have both but the tools icon in "Inspector" is greyed out. I presume because of the nvidia control panel.

I don't know what you mean with a "tools icon". You've to start nVidia Inspector (Version 1.9.7.2), click "Driver Profile settings" and then chose the profile from the profiles drop down menu. The profile for FSX is called "MS Flight Simulator X". Here you can see and change all the settings for FSX.

Spirit

I don't know what you mean with a "tools icon". You've to start nVidia Inspector (Version 1.9.7.2), click "Driver Profile settings" and then chose the profile from the profiles drop down menu. The profile for FSX is called "MS Flight Simulator X". Here you can see and change all the settings for FSX.

Spirit

I have ver 1.9.7.2

To the right of "Driver Version" there is an icon with crossed tools. This is greyed out so is unusable. My thinking is that this is because it has detected the existence of Nvidia Control Panel. I can't find an "nvidia control panel" anywhere on my system in order to turn it off. Is it generated by the divers?

I can't find an "nvidia control panel" anywhere on my system in order to turn it off. Is it generated by the divers?

Go to Windows Control Panel, you will find it there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have ver 1.9.7.2

To the right of "Driver Version" there is an icon with crossed tools. This is greyed out so is unusable. My thinking is that this is because it has detected the existence of Nvidia Control Panel. I can't find an "nvidia control panel" anywhere on my system in order to turn it off. Is it generated by the divers?

I guess every nVidia user has the "Nvidia Control Panel" which can be found in "Windows Control Panel" as "Badfinger" already said. I doubt that the "nVidia Control Panel" is the reason for your problem. Do you run the "nVidia Inspector" as an administrator? Maybe a new installation of this tool would help to solve your problem.

Have a look here http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:NVIDIA_Inspector you may find some hints.

Spirit

In the nvidia forum someone mentioned that vsync is broken if you use limited fps.

And that is exactly what I do!

But why do beta drivers work?

What else can be used for limiting fps external?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I have ver 1.9.7.2

Usually when a field is greyed out, it just means the current setting in the profile matches the global setting. You can still set it in the profile, and apply the change.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Usually when a field is greyed out, it just means the current setting in the profile matches the global setting. You can still set it in the profile, and apply the change.

I can only change "global" settings within nvidia control panel and that has no effect on inspector.

In the nvidia forum someone mentioned that vsync is broken if you use limited fps.

And that is exactly what I do!

But why do beta drivers work?

What else can be used for limiting fps external?

So use the driver 331.48 and be happy. Maybe nVidia will fix this with the next update.

There are many external FPS limiter available. Google will be your friend.

FRAPS, EVGA Precision X and Dxtory are among them.

Spirit

Well, I already have Fraps.

Maybe I should try it.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD