Sign in to follow this  
speedbird

Installing AXE MCE?

Hi,

I am trying to install MCE for Aerosoft airbus and with a problem. I unzip the file and click on install and get the message about not finding the installer package. If I click on the bootstrap file I get the message this will install aerosoft airbus then another message saying I must set the fsx.exe to admin permission. This I have done but it keeps repeating this message and not letting me continue. Any ideas? UAC is set a lowest the slider goes on win 8.

Hi,

I am trying to install MCE for Aerosoft airbus and with a problem. I unzip the file and click on install and get the message about not finding the installer package. If I click on the bootstrap file I get the message this will install aerosoft airbus then another message saying I must set the fsx.exe to admin permission. This I have done but it keeps repeating this message and not letting me continue. Any ideas? UAC is set a lowest the slider goes on win 8.

I assume there is plenty of space on "C" drive for the installer to expand the package before installing.

Otherwise it could be a corrupted download.

Suggest you re-download to desktop, then unzip and run "InstallMCE.exe"

If still the same, maybe your internet connection is unreliable and cannot handle heavy downloads (this is a 1.2 GB package). You may want to consider using a download manager. Here is a free one you could use. If for some reason the download is interrupted, it will resume where it left off.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

Thanks for quick reply, I downloaded again ( have a very good connection ) and lots of room on the drive but the problem is the same. My fsx.exe file is definately set to admin.

Thanks for quick reply, I downloaded again ( have a very good connection ) and lots of room on the drive but the problem is the same. My fsx.exe file is definately set to admin.

What anti-virus, anti-malware are you running?

Just MS essentials, no other programs a very minimal start up.

Can you exclude MCE from being scanned during install? My avast decided to quarantine mce a few months ago, then it put fsx.exe in the lock up! Try marking the setup program as safe or temporarily stop anti virus while you install MCE.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Just MS essentials, no other programs a very minimal start up.

Normally MS essentials is fine. It's the others like Avast, Avira, BitDefender that cause such issues.

Which utility are you using to unzip the package?

Suggest you unpack using Window built-in capability and not 7Zip, WinZip or such programs.

With downloaded file unzipped, can you see a file called "xPack.msi", and are you able to run it?

Alternatively, download the Demo package from our website and see if you can install that one.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

The Demo package is much smaller because it only has 2 co-pilot voices. You are expected to install the extra recorded voices separately.

I've seen in the past people ending up with malfunctioning unzipping capability after not removing AVG or some other AV package properly.

Have you used another anti-virus or anti-malware before? And which one?

For instance if you used AVG in the past, you need to run a specific tool to make sure it's completely gone from your system.

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

There are such utilities for other anti-virus programs. Google "whatever_AV_name removal tool".

OK thank you for the replies. Not home for 2 days now but will try out suggestions when back. I was using Winzip to unzip the files and the computer was a fresh return to factory settings reinstall about a week ago. That means McAfee is on there in the beginning but I remove it straight away with the proper routine then activate MS essentials. All drivers and updates are in place but not Win 8.1

I can see xpack .msi but havent tried to run that yet so will try that, if that runs what should happen afterwards? I will try running the setup with built in windows program as well and report back here hopefully Wednesday.

Cheers,

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for suggestions, I used the windows built in unzip utility and it worked.

Thank you for your time

John.

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for suggestions, I used the windows built in unzip utility and it worked.

Thank you for your time

John.

OK, thanks for feedback

Hi all,

Another question about AXE and MCE, the version button will be offer with the plane too or not?

Thanks

Frédéric Giraud

Hi all,

Another question about AXE and MCE, the version button will be offer with the plane too or not?

Thanks

I think you may be confusing MCE with FS2Crew.  The two are broadly similar in concept, but where MCE uses computer-generated text-to-speech and free-form commands, FS2Crew uses pre-recorded dialogue and strict scripts that are specific to each aircraft.  MCE uses voice recognition only.  It's FS2Crew that offers a choice of voice or button-control versions.  Both versions of FS2Crew are available for the AXE as separate purchases.  MCE is available as a free version locked to the AXE.  If you wanted to use it for other aircraft, you'd have to buy the payware version.  Hope this helps.

@Fred - no need to apologize.  It's confusing territory for newcomers - as I know because I'm new to airliner simming, too.