Sign in to follow this  
BT3

Suggestion

At the risk of being attacked by those of you with too much time on your hands, I have a suggestion I'd like to put forward for the upcoming T7 patch: increase the size of the click zones around the speed, heading and altitude knobs. Admittedly, I've adjusted my view settings to 78, -0.55, 7.5, but that's just so that I can get a better inflight view of all the instruments. Unfortunately, this also makes it very difficult to use the autopilot knobs when in flight.  Respectfully, PMDG, I'm asking that you increase the click zones for all three autopilot knobs as part of your T7 patch.

Other than that, this bird is perfect. Congratulations PMDG on developing what is now the best aircraft available for FSX simulation. I can't wait for the expansion pack!

Gil Ferreira

I find clicking to increase/decrease heading/speed/altitude very difficult.

Especially during acceleration or turns where the VC eyepoint starts moving I keep being thrown outside the clickzones.

My solution:

In the FMC options I linked my numerical keypad to the mentioned functions.

Faster/Slower - plus/minus symbol

heading select left/right - 4/6 key

altitude selecter up/down - 8/2 key

Very easy to use now :-)

Rob Robson

At the risk of being attacked by those of you with too much time on your hands, I have a suggestion I'd like to put forward for the upcoming T7 patch: increase the size of the click zones around the speed, heading and altitude knobs. Admittedly, I've adjusted my view settings to 78, -0.55, 7.5, but that's just so that I can get a better inflight view of all the instruments. Unfortunately, this also makes it very difficult to use the autopilot knobs when in flight. Respectfully, PMDG, I'm asking that you increase the click zones for all three autopilot knobs as part of your T7 patch.

Other than that, this bird is perfect. Congratulations PMDG on developing what is now the best aircraft available for FSX simulation. I can't wait for the expansion pack!

Gil Ferreira

If you're using a realistic zoom setting (80-90%), you won't have a problem. Trouble is, many people are zooming so far out (because they want to see the panel and the view over the glarshield at the same time) that the panel is reduced to the size of a postage stamp. That's just not a realistic viewpoint. You'd have trouble manipulating knobs and switches from 6ft away in the real T7 as well.

I don't have a problem with the HDG/SPD/ALT knobs because I am mapped to my yoke buttons. What I find extremely user unfriendly is the Radio/Baro setting knob.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

At the risk of being attacked by those of you with too much time on your hands

Yeah...taking shots at them is a real good way to get them to not criticize you...come on now...

As far as your issue goes, I'm with Trevor.  Seems like it's just a matter of your position.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Wanab

How do you map to the yoke buttons-I have a Saitek yoke and throttle?

I have the latest FSUIPC registered-this used to work but not now!

I set it all in FSUIPC but it does not work.

David

I actually have the problem at the default 80% zoom.

But Like I said, with the key commands it is not a problem anymore.

Rob Robson