Sign in to follow this  
Revd

How good dis the C310

Hello all

Felt I needed some retail therapy and fancy the C310. I like realism and detail and willing to pay a bit extra if necessary. Just wondered what you guys who on the C310 think of it as it is one of the older planes on the Milviz site now. Does it hold up against the latest titles and if not is there any other twin people would recommend (I have the Realair offerings and they are brill).

Thanks in anticipation

Neil

Nothing quite matches the RealAir Duke V2, IMHO...

But my next most favorite twin is the Carenado C337.

The C310 has moved to the "museum" on my system..

Bert

The clock doesn't have a second hand which I think is kinda strange and important if you're flying IFR.

Other than that it's ok.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

It's quite nice and features a "free radio" version that allows you to install whatever radios and GPS systems you want.  Things I don't like is the lack of a cabin dome light and no side passenger doors.  This is not MilViz's fault, this is the way the Cessna 310R was built by Cessna.  The 310 can be a bit twitchy, mostly due to having wingtip fuel tanks, again, this reflects how real 310's fly.  MilViz worked closely with a 310R pilot to make this as accurate as possible.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It's very close to being my favorite FSX twin piston. Some days it is.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The clock doesn't have a second hand which I think is kinda strange and important if you're flying IFR.

Odd that no one noticed that before... Since I am in the process of reworking the model to include geometry for RXP GNS 3d integration (like in the B55), I've added a seconds hand to the list of things-to-do. When done, this will of course be a totally FREE service update to current owners.

EDIT: while I'm at it, I'll see about "a cabin dome light" at the same time. B)

Thanks!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can't believe that anyone rates Carenado add-ons (yes even with alternative FDEs) above the Milviz C310R.

The MV C310R is a fantastic aircraft, with the best ever FDE in a light twin in my opinion.  (Yes, above the Duke B60 v2).  It kills any Carenado aircraft, on FDE alone, never mind things like superb sound immersion etc.

Best twin ever - just buy it!

Uh... Bill, free update?  Who said anything about free?  NEVER!!!!!   200$!

Just kidding.  Yes, it will be free.  We will also be fixing the "hole" for the G1000.

And I thank you guys for your appreciation and comments...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Milviz, and Bill (N4gix),

Since you mention that you are busy updating the airplane, it might be an opportune time to bring up something that has been a bit bothersome for some time, but I've never thought to mention until now. It has to do with the jitters on the plane that occur when one pulls back the prop levers. It is fairly prominent on the Milviz Cessna, but it is noticeable that the Real Air Duke doesn't do this, and in fact they even tout smooth RPM changes as a feature:  "In addition to the flight model improvements, the response to prop and engine controls have been vastly improved in the Duke Version 2. Conventionally, FSX has been poor at providing smooth and accurate response to fine or coarse propeller angle changes. In default FSX piston aircraft you will notice that any more than very slow changes in propeller pitch using the prop control levers results in oscillations and sometimes wild fluctuations in the propeller rpm readings on the rpm gauge...." Maybe Milviz could figure out a way to address this issue on their Cessna as well, so that the response to RPM changes is more linear and smooth?  Not really expecting that you will, but just throwing it out there just in case, because it seemed like a good time to mention it.

No promises.  This product is pretty old... If we were to do a v2...  that might make it worth it...  We'll see...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks for the recommendation everyone. I bought the 310 and love it. But since n4gix has mentioned the issue can I take the discussion in another direction. With the free radio version I wanted to put my RXP stuff in there. I managed it in the end, the RXP 530 and 430, but only because of the work of community. I didn't know what I was doing and got there in the end by looking at the panel configurations worked out by various community members. My question is, why couldn't I use the RXP config tool? Sorry if this is naive and everyone already knows why but in my naivety I thought that that was what the tool was for, to place the avionics units in any aircraft.

Also..........and I know you said 'no promises'........but the prospect of a version 2 is tantalising. I am pretty sure Id be up for it.

Thanks again all

Neil