Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Enroute Moscow / Sochi.

Love them cockpit grabs Ed! (and a sweet panel it is)

I wouldn't be much help in that bird as I was never very good at Uposcrabblenyk (the Russian version of Scrabble). :lol:

Is that a T204? I have only ever seen one in person once in my life, a Cubana Cargo that frequents CYYZ here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O49iOG--M3CYuhbYdzieJNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Super great as usual. That is true russian stuff. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Staffan

Thankyou for your kind comments guys!

Is that a T204? I have only ever seen one in person once in my life, a Cubana Cargo that frequents CYYZ here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O49iOG--M3CYuhbYdzieJNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Hello Al, It is in fact an IL-96.....but there are some similarities to the Tu-204 (the PFD, ND and autopilot.)

This panel is a logistical challenge for me as I am making it Russian but I do not speak or read Russian.

I have both an IL-96 and Tu204 AOM albeit they are in Russian. The IL-96 AOM features the old IL-96 PFD/ND so I used the Tu204 AOM for the PFD/ND. (which is on all IL-96's now)

But most useful is the excellent Viking Aviation Red Wings Tu-204 video so I can see the PFD/ND and autopilot in action.

I hope someone makes a IL-96 video (Cubana maybe) before this bird becomes extinct. 

Of course I will be making my own video soon as I have just taken delivery of a HD photo of an Aeroflot IL-96.

But most useful is the excellent Viking Aviation Red Wings Tu-204 video so I can see the PFD/ND and autopilot in action.

I hope someone makes a IL-96 video (Cubana maybe) before this bird becomes extinct.

I too own that DVD, Tommy did a great job on it.

I look forward to your video Ed!

Wow, what a panel!

From another fan of Russian flying (en route from Heathrow to Yekaterinburg, via Yerevan, with a BMI A320 as we speak). :smile:

Wish we could get some more payware level Russian sceneries;  I have Aerosoft Yekaterinburg, Norilsk and Kamchatka, and the excellent freeware Novosibirsk.... but we need more!

Great pics Ed and nice panel as well.

Funny story about that screen shot post of yours. Years ago (2007 I think) you posted some screen shots here called The Birds of Sochi or something like that, as well as a video. At that time, I had never even heard of Sochi or knew where it was. Then a few months ago when I heard the Winter Olympics were going to be in Sochi, the first thing that came to mind was your post, as funny as that sounds.

One of the greatest gifts of simming is learning about the world and far off places you might never have heard of or know about. I dont even know how many places that I had heard of prior to simming and had absolutely no idea where they were, but now my friends think I am a geography genius after 10 years of flight sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is there a good Sochi scenery around? Ed, yours looks nice enough ...

I too own that DVD, Tommy did a great job on it.

I look forward to your video Ed!

The F.O in the DVD is a character...I find myself watching him more than the instruments!  :lol:

Wish we could get some more payware level Russian sceneries;  I have Aerosoft Yekaterinburg, Norilsk and Kamchatka, and the excellent freeware Novosibirsk.... but we need more!

At the very least all of the Moscow airports need to be remodelled ....but it is difficult to make out what has happened to the once so amazing Russian FS development. :(

Great pics Ed and nice panel as well.

Funny story about that screen shot post of yours. Years ago (2007 I think) you posted some screen shots here called The Birds of Sochi or something like that, as well as a video. At that time, I had never even heard of Sochi or knew where it was. Then a few months ago when I heard the Winter Olympics were going to be in Sochi, the first thing that came to mind was your post, as funny as that sounds.

One of the greatest gifts of simming is learning about the world and far off places you might never have heard of or know about. I dont even know how many places that I had heard of prior to simming and had absolutely no idea where they were, but now my friends think I am a geography genius after 10 years of flight sim.

Great story! FWIW the birds are still at Sochi and still please me when I see them.

FS has taught me sooo much.....not just about geography but computers, graphics, programming. And of course I have made many good friends.

Quite a few are AWOL now: DJ Prev, Lord Shoxley, Darthy, C-Dawg......

Is there a good Sochi scenery around? Ed, yours looks nice enough ...

Both of these files at avsim(dot)su

22108-URSSSochi2007.zip

33511-SochiPhototerrain.zip

Thanks! It's great how good FS9 can still look!

Sascha

FS has taught me sooo much.....not just about geography but computers, graphics, programming. And of course I have made many good friends.
Quite a few are AWOL now: DJ Prev, Lord Shoxley, Darthy, C-Dawg.....

True, learned a lot about the same as well, maybe not so much about programming, but definitely the other stuff.

I don't remember DJPrev or Lord Shoxley, but I wonder what ever happened to Darthy and C-Dawg? I dont see many posts from those guys anymore.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

True, learned a lot about the same as well, maybe not so much about programming, but definitely the other stuff.

I don't remember DJPrev or Lord Shoxley, but I wonder what ever happened to Darthy and C-Dawg? I dont see many posts from those guys anymore.

All of these guys are much younger than me. I guess they have found something more exiting to do with their lives.  :lol:

fsscr494_zpse24d769e.jpg