Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I really, really, need some help...

Some people seem to have forgotten the rules here:

Rule 1: Developers are always right

Rule 2: When a developer's wrong see Rule 1.

• Upvote 2

To all,

This issue is resolved. John has provided me with access to the Orbx support forum. I appreciate that.

The fact that I used my wife's e-mail to access the forum and my order number did not match her e-mail address makes it understandable that it could have been seen as piracy. That has now been cleared up

I am still banned from the general forum but I accept that. It belongs to Orbx and they have a right to run it as they see fit. I am not upset at being banned. I accept the consequences of my actions and behavior.

John is satisfied and I am satisfied. I still am a fan or Orbx sceneries and will continue to be a customer.

I think this should put the issue to rest.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Thank god for the AVSIM forums... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Olli and Alain are a perfect example of why I don't generally bother visit and post on this forum; I was linked to the OP by one of my staff. Dont expect Orbx support issues answered here at AVSIM, it's not the place to request it.

Seriously, I did not know I had that kind of power over you....and about generally not bothering visiting this forum...you fooled me.

I thought Noël made it pretty clear he was using his wife's details, this could easily lead to confusion. Do you have some form of Agenda Oliver? It seems pretty clear the issue is resolved

You might think I was a pirate because since I was never able to get onto your limited user support forum I tried using my wife's computer to get service and then she was banned too.

Pretty clear to me that he tried his own computer first, several times before trying his wife's computer out of desperation.

So, everybody that do not sing Kumbaya with Orbx on AVSIM"S forum has a agenda?

I did not see anybody bashing Orbx in this thread but pointing out what I will call irregularity or a contradictory answer between JV's first and second post, he put his own foot in his own mouth by himself, he owns it. 

Give a rest mate, until Oliver provided that link I wasn't even aware of this whole back and forth between you and Orbx. Frankly I really don't give a damn, so I'm out.....

• Upvote 1

Rob Prest

John

an apology would not go astray after wrongly calling someone a pirate, some clown from Mindstar did some support work on my PC and tried to tell me I had a pirated version of their software which I most certainly did not and he was not big enough to say sorry and I was offended by that as you would be

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

John

an apology would not go astray after wrongly calling someone a pirate, some clown from Mindstar did some support work on my PC and tried to tell me I had a pirated version of their software which I most certainly did not and he was not big enough to say sorry and I was offended by that as you would be

Wayne

Good point, Wayne:

Topic starter Noel used to be a full-blown ORBX forum member, validated by the methods provided on the ORBX forums ("validation thread"). He submitted numerous posts over there in the support section, restricted to use by validated forum members only.

It's all still clearly visible in their support section for everyone interested in making up their own mind.

Still John would publicly call him a pirate here on AVSIM. It looks like John Venema is too much ... John Venema to apologize for that. (And I am too much ... olli4740 to let John Venema get away so easily with that! :P)

BTW, the link officially provided by ORBX for use by "limited users" still doesn't work ...

Edited by olli4740

don't get me wrong I have had only good dealings with John and love his products but I do see red when people are accused of being pirates with no retraction once its identified to be wrong, that to me is bad manners perhaps John did not even think twice about this some of us are a little sensitive with stuff like that as we spend a lot of money to buy these products and deserve a level of respect

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Given the circumstances of my having used my wife's computer to try and get support and not realizing that the order number is checked against the e-mail address it was perfectly logical for John to assume piracy was involved. I'm the supposedly aggrieved party here and I am not offended given the circumstances.

I have been given access to the official Orbx support forum so I am satisfied and hold no grudge against John.

If any of you have other issues with John and are using this incident to speak out please don't. I only started this thread here because of my inability to get my request through official Orbx channels.

The matter is settled to my satisfaction.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Given the circumstances of my having used my wife's computer to try and get support and not realizing that the order number is checked against the e-mail address it was perfectly logical for John to assume piracy was involved. I'm the supposedly aggrieved party here and I am not offended given the circumstances.

I have been given access to the official Orbx support forum so I am satisfied and hold no grudge against John.

If any of you have other issues with John and are using this incident to speak out please don't. I only started this thread here because of my inability to get my request through official Orbx channels.

The matter is settled to my satisfaction.

Noel

Well posted  and  glad you got it sorted, people  will always hold  grudges for ever and will never change their views

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have not been able to use anything on the fullterrain website. I also recieve the "no permission" message after I officially login. Then it won't let me logout. My purchase was fron TheFlightsimStore, Order Number: FSS0356085  Order Date: 2015-02-22. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Start a new post mate, would be my opinion. Lets not hijack someone else thread :)

Start a new post mate, would be my opinion. Lets not hijack someone else thread :)

My intent was not to hijack. I had read the previous posts & thought it may workout to get some kind of response from Orbx. Sorry if that was the impression, again not my intent.