Sign in to follow this  
RampantSmurf

KAVX Catalina Release Date Thursday 31st October

Hi Everyone.

KAVX Catalina is due to be released on thursday 31st october 2013. Check out our site for more details.

Here are some teaser shots for you:

9e4f15e1-5c8b-4f3c-8791-727f1267e108_thuc704de57-d203-4fe7-b742-7c614298cc46_thuc68c32ee-eb89-403d-ae78-f6a1c252b03a_thuc6665a5c-29a3-47f5-b53c-456bbcedcd4b_thu798c61e8-c9db-4c7b-b999-5dd8b52f5921_thu

Kind regards

Reefy

This will be the first USA airport released by SIM720. Am looking forward to seeing the reception it gets as that will help guide the direction of future releases. 

Good luck with the release, but... Make sure to use the correct ICAO code, KAVX. Using CAVX would place it somewhere in Canada, instead of "26 miles across the sea..." from the greater Los Angeles area.

Sad to say that I never made that 26 mile trip before I moved away from La-La land.

I'm also not sure if this is the best airport to have chosen to use to test out the North American waters (so to speak).

Many of us who would potentially be interested in a good SoCal GA field already fly with MSX SoCal and Aerosoft's US Cities LA product which includes the Catalina airport AND models the dramatically sloped runway there.

Wish you had decided on something else as I'd certainly give another field a try out to see what you guys are about.

Scott

I didn't get the Aerosoft's Los Angeles X version due to the lack of night textures and single season endless summer.

I'm also done buying addons in the blind, then finding out they are not DX10 compatible even when using Steve's DX10 fixer.

So count me in guys; looking forward to the release of SIM720's KAVX

Good luck..

PS: Reefy, Ask a mod to fix the thread title/OP to KAVX.

Don't worry, Meshman. "CAVX" was a typo in this thread. The guys at SIM720 know full well that it is KAVX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My apologies for the typo, i was butterfingers this morning, I got married at the weekend, so i'm hoping i can use that as an excuse haha :)

Reefy

My apologies for the typo, i was butterfingers this morning, I got married at the weekend, so i'm hoping i can use that as an excuse haha :)

Reefy

Yep, that’s a good enough excuse.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

FYI: Get used to getting it wrong :ph34r: :lol: