Sign in to follow this  
sandalen

Unrealistic single engine taxiing

No, it works in the free version too. You just don't have the ability to customise it. It's either on or off.

So how do I turn it on? (I'm a complete FSUIPC noob)

So how do I turn it on? (I'm a complete FSUIPC noob)

First, make sure you have the latest version downloaded from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. It comes with an auto installer.

Then open the 'modules' folder in your FSX root folder. Open file FSUIPC.ini using Notepad, or similar text editor.

Add the following line to the General section.

PatchSIM1friction=Yes

It's fully described in "FSUIPC for advanced users" a PDF in the 'FSUIPC documents' folder.

ki9cAAb.jpg

First, make sure you have the latest version downloaded from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. It comes with an auto installer.

Then open the 'modules' folder in your FSX root folder. Open file FSUIPC.ini using Notepad, or similar text editor.

PatchSIM1friction=Yes

It's fully described in "FSUIPC for advanced users" a PDF in the 'FSUIPC documents' folder.

Thank you!

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Anybody noticed with the friction script (or even not with the script...i've only flown the 777 with it turned on) you only need autobrake 1 and reverse IDLE to stop, and even then it seems like you stop way too quickly for such a heavy plane?  

I've never had to use autobrake 2, 3 etc and i don't even need to use more than reverse idle.  Even with a MAX payload.  Landing usually with 6-9 tonnes of fuel.  

Is this right?

Reverse thrust makes no differance to stopping distance, it is not even factored into the landing perfomance calculations. Autobrakes modulate, your Vref and whatever you added on top will affect your stopping distance on a dry runway

Rob Prest

PatchSIM1friction=Yes

Thanks from me, don't know how I missed this one .

ZORAN

Anybody noticed with the friction script (or even not with the script...i've only flown the 777 with it turned on) you only need autobrake 1 and reverse IDLE to stop, and even then it seems like you stop way too quickly for such a heavy plane?  

I've never had to use autobrake 2, 3 etc and i don't even need to use more than reverse idle.  Even with a MAX payload.  Landing usually with 6-9 tonnes of fuel.  

Is this right?

The friction patch reduces rolling friction and braking effects, so if anything It should take longer to stop with it active. I can't say I've noticed the 777 is too easy to slow down. It feels normal subjectively without any objective measure to compare with.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The only problem that I have with the FSUIPC fix is that when the plane is light, it starts rolling and continues to accelerate when the throttles are at idle.

The only problem that I have with the FSUIPC fix is that when the plane is light, it starts rolling and continues to accelerate when the throttles are at idle.

That's correct for light aircrafts. Sometimes you need a little bit more than idle thrust (for example: when you are on a sloped ramp)