Sign in to follow this  
ronnie.d

GSX - Ground Crew

Hi,

Just wondering if you can suggest me the best available ground crew add on? Is GSX - Ground Crew the best ground crew add on so far? Is it compatible with FS2Crew? 

I downloaded the GSX demo version and noticed that the centre line on the taxiway becoming faint, unclear, or even invisible at EGNT. Is it normal? Will it go away if I buy the full version?

N.B. I do not use any ground texture building add on, i.e., FTX.

Thanks in advance...

Ronnie

There is also AES (Airport Enhancement Services).

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,D10333

However, if you don't use addon airports, you might as well stick with GSX. AES doesn't work with default airports.

I don't own GSX, but I'm about 99% sure it's compatible with FS2Crew. Simply don't use FS2Crew's pushback.

do every airport addon work or do you have to use the aerosoft addons ?

but I think if I would have to choose it would be gsx

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

GSX is the best bang for the buck on ground services I've used.   Very helpful last night on my landing at Flightbeam's KIAD.  Needed the Follow Me truck to guide me to the gate since I'd never been there.   Such a helpful little truck and Marshaller at the gate to make sure I park good.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

GSX is the best bang for the buck on ground services I've used.   Very helpful last night on my landing at Flightbeam's KIAD.  Needed the Follow Me truck to guide me to the gate since I'd never been there.   Such a helpful little truck and Marshaller at the gate to make sure I park good.

Same here! I got lost yesterday at LFPG looking for the arrival gate. Now I am seriously considering a ground crew add on. Thanks for your input guys but has GSX ever effected your taxiway or runway centreline? 

Also, as Lusche said do I need Aerosoft airports to use AES?

(...)

Also, as Lusche said do I need Aerosoft airports to use AES?

Check the AES-supported airports here:

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/aesairports.html

GSX is the better deal as it supports any airport anywhere, default and addon.

AES-enabled airports have their gates animated via AES only. No chance via GSX or via the default FSX key command. But I, personally, can live with that restriction.

I downloaded the GSX demo version and noticed that the centre line on the taxiway becoming faint, unclear, or even invisible at EGNT. Is it normal? Will it go away if I buy the full version?

GSX cant affect the taxi lines of an airport, be it the demo or paid version. Must be something else affecting your ground textures because GSX doesn't have the ability to change the look of them.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

GSX cant affect the taxi lines of an airport, be it the demo or paid version. Must be something else affecting your ground textures because GSX doesn't have the ability to change the look of them.

Cheers Jim. Thanks for the assurance. Now I can buy GSX without having to think about it affecting the ground texture.  :rolleyes:

Cheers Jim. Thanks for the assurance. Now I can buy GSX without having to think about it affecting the ground texture. :rolleyes:

No problem. Btw, the only thing that can change the appearance of textures are, texture replacement programs like REX if you install their airport textures, however those only change default airport textures, or things like ENB or Sweetfx that alter the overall look if the sim including ground, sky, cloud, water, airport and aircraft textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I use both--GSX for my non-AES airports

Which one's better? and why?

GSX is not a texture replacement so no idea why you would otherwise think??

I wouldn't have thought so but the problem only started since I downloaded the GSX demo version.

No problem. Btw, the only thing that can change the appearance of textures are, texture replacement programs like REX if you install their airport textures, however those only change default airport textures, or things like ENB or Sweetfx that alter the overall look if the sim including ground, sky, cloud, water, airport and aircraft textures.

No. I haven't started using any weather or ground texture add-on. But I am planning to use them soon. The problem seems to have started since I downloaded GSX demo version.

Which one's better? and why?

I wouldn't dare saying that one or the other is better - it's simply two different approaches.

The main advantages of GSX are that it works on any airport, default or addon, as it simply reads the AFCAD file of that airport, and it is rather inexpensive in comparison to the price for AES coverage of all supported airports. the main downside of GSX is that there is one default layout, and if the parking facility you're currently using looks different in real life (e.g. "taxi-through" parking positions, which FSX does not actually support), you'll need to manually adjust that.

AES on the other hand allows you to use otherwise static jetways (e.g. in FlyTampa sceneries), and you can customize the movement of the jetways to fit your used aircraft very easily. It also has each parking position on every supported airport customized, so that those reflect real life as close as possible - but that comes at a higher price!

Apart from that, I have to say I use GSX nearly exclusively, and except for a few not ideally positioned pushback trucks (which I am always too lazy to remove), I really like it very much - it's a great value for rather little money. But back in the days when AES was the only offer, I enjoyed that program very much, too.

AFAIK, GSX also does a lot of customizing of airports and aircraft and they release free updates frequently.

AES also offers a "demo": Just download the free base pack (without buying the credits) and try it out at EDDN (Nuremberg/Germany).