Sign in to follow this  
Leafhopper

I love the old prop planes

The Air2Air  Stratocruiser with Accusim is still one of the best propliners ever made IMO.

RE Thomason Jr.

The Air2Air  Stratocruiser with Accusim is still one of the best propliners ever made IMO.

Definitely.  Especially with the COTS addon. :cool:

I've just finished reading your Propliner magazine Johan, and yes, I can see you favour the Connie! :smile: .... I'm a DC-6 man all the way, myself :wink: ....   It was a great read, thoroughly enjoyed it; you should do more.

I know.. I know..

Making such a magazine with no input is impossible, the first one was a try out, but without help from fellow simmers it stalled quickly.

My plans of course had the douglasses, and smaller ones, up to the early jets.

Well you just get on over to the Sim OutHouse, 'cos there's a DC-3/C-47 with the most incredible sound package made.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?82973-C-47-from-Manfred-Jahn-and-team/page5

It's been released a couple of days, and now takes the "King of the Hill" - and - it's FREE!

All the Best,

pj

What is this "free" thing you speak of ?

(thanks for the heads up Paul).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I am flying the Aero Commander 680 "Super" for VFR flights.

It's a free ware aircraft, i am happy with this aircraft. :P

Jan

'cos there's a DC-3/C-47 with the most incredible sound package made.

Just putting it out there, that I have created a sound.cfg that allows you to use the above fantastic sound package, in 4 engine radial aircraft, like the DC-6, Connie, B377, etc.

You do still need the above main sound package (for the DC-3) as you'll need to put my new sound.cfg into it, then you can use it for 4 engined aircraft.   It sounds amazing.

Anyone who wants the 4 engine conversion sound.cfg, drop me a PM.

OMG! These are all my favorites!!! I had most of them on FS9 years back:  The Connie, the Beech 18, Aero Commander 680, the Chipmonk, and the Spartan! How could I have forgotten all those great planes!

Thanks for reminding me of them all!

PaulJ:  Can you give me a link to the DC3 file?  I went to the forum and read all the glowing reports, but I can't find it listed in the downloads. I really want this one.  I found a beta file...is that it or is there a final release?

V2 is the current version of the C-47. There's also a FSX native version of Milton Shupe's B-26 in the file libraries at Sim Outhouse.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Outstanding!  I've got a full day of downloads ahead of me! Thanks so much guys!  As usual, the forum at AVSIM is the place to get answers and helpful suggestions.  It's so good to be back!

Leafhopper

The first link I posted shows pics of the engines running. If you go to the first post in the thread - which is this one - it reads:- 

C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

Thanks to gman5250 for the announcement the "reloaded" Dak is here... 

That link will take you to the download site.

More can be found on the main SOH forum front Page, where the DC-3/C47 is pinned at the top.

I was merely pointing to the "very real" sounds during the engine startup.

You will need to register to see any of these.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Simmerhead, Oh, boy, that looks GREAT! Where will it be offered for download?

Leafhopper

Don't know yet. We'll just have to be patient and wait for the release :)  But it looks like a stunning lady!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

That Elektra thread on FSDev has not been updated by the developer for over a year... I am not holding my hopes high for that one to come out ever...

I still have my hopes set on the PMDG DC-6. These planes had class...

A