Sign in to follow this  
Air1

unable to connect to the MSFlight server

For the last 16 hours "that I know of". Every time I start the game I get a off line message. Any one else or just me?

Steve

Yes. But mine was asking me to acknowledge a new "use" policy before letting me back online.  After I clicked on the Accept button, I was able to resume normally.

I'm able to connect, but when I go to download one of the free previews of various planes (I can't buy them yet), I get an error message telling me that the "Games for Windows Client failed to launch".  Anyone have at least a workaround for that?

Ok, I missed it somehow. Wonder how I find it now?

Steve

I found it, now that I know what to look for, thanks guys. All is right with the world again.

Steve

Yeah, they updated the EULA.  I'm guessing this is in preparation for the Xbox One launch later this month.

I'm able to connect, but when I go to download one of the free previews of various planes (I can't buy them yet), I get an error message telling me that the "Games for Windows Client failed to launch".  Anyone have at least a workaround for that?

This is most likely because the GFWL Marketplace was been taken offline indefinitely.  There is no way to download DLC from GFWL any more.  I'm working on updates to my tools to allow the content to be loaded via that method.  I'm also going to look into removing the requirement to have Alaska DLC to use the tools.

Well, thanks, Steve, this must be the end, then. But, I shall continue flying anyway. :lol:

I launched the stand-alone GFWL client but I guess it doesn't do anything anymore.

Looking forward to an update for your tools.

Best regards.

Luis

Oh...  I recently reinstalled Windows.  Is it worth reinstalling Flight if GFWL won't be able to download the DLC?  Will Flight install without GFWL?

I just reinstalled Flight last week on a laptop I'm using while another is in the shop, and was able to connect (after a few tries) with GFWL and download all my DLC...  Hawaii, Alaska, and all the planes I'd purchased...  

Again, this is less than a week ago.

Yeah, I believe you can download things you've already downloaded before, but won't be able to download anything new.  We will have to convert everything to add-ons so that people can download things they've never had before.

Yeah, they updated the EULA.  I'm guessing this is in preparation for the Xbox One launch later this month.

This is most likely because the GFWL Marketplace was been taken offline indefinitely.  There is no way to download DLC from GFWL any more.  I'm working on updates to my tools to allow the content to be loaded via that method.  I'm also going to look into removing the requirement to have Alaska DLC to use the tools.

Curious as to the possible reasons why the took GFWL Marketplace offline.

I think it was because they are transitioning to real world currency and GFWL was only written to work with points and they didn't want to update it.  GFWL is kind of being phased out in favor of the Windows Store anyway.

I think it was because they are transitioning to real world currency and GFWL was only written to work with points and they didn't want to update it.  GFWL is kind of being phased out in favor of the Windows Store anyway.

Currency transition is a nightmare, and they knew it was going to be. Probably better to just kill it all with fire.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've not been able to log in for the past two days.

No sign of a new license agreement. I did log in to xbox live via web page and agreed to new license there.

In game it just says network or login is not available.

Any ideas folks?