I have a PFC yoke and pedals, but they're starting to show their age, so, rather than sending my PFC stuff in for a refurb, @ $450 + shipping;  I bought one of these as an Xmas present for 'Moi'  (on sale @ $599.99 + shipping + US exchange)

I already have (6) GF Modules and a TQ6.  All are excellent and work great !

Not sure if my yoke was 'defective' or not, but I found that trying to input precise pitch control with one hand was impossible due to the yoke column binding + sticking on the front bushing.  

Roll input was smooth and precise.

In my humble opinion, the yoke control wheel is very front-heavy and I think that is what was causing it to 'bind' in the bushing on pitch input.  (if I used both hands, and lifted it slightly it was fine) 

In comparison, my PFC is as smooth as 'Butter' on all axis.

I contacted GoFlight and the guys were great to deal with.  They let me return it and provided a full refund (minus shipping of course) 

Great Service !   

But...  just wish it would have worked better for me and saved me $200+ in shipping and credit card exchange rates from US to Can. dollars.

Live and Learn...    Ce La Vie !

Rick / Canada

Since this topic is back Alive I'll throw in my .02c worth...

I would not buy any new yoke regardless of price that does not use Hall magnetic sensors instead of Potentiometers.  I have a PFC Saab Desktop yoke and while it's nice I honestly don't think it's nearly as precise as my MFG rudder pedals.  So much so I asked PFC if they could upgrade it to a hall magnetic sensor version and was unfortunately told hat the upgrade would cost as much as a new unit and i would be better off selling what I have to buy new.

RE Thomason Jr.

Interesting video from Frooglesim !

I am a real world pilot and use my 'very' expensive flight sim set-up to practice with...  all I can say is that the yoke I got did NOT have the Pitch axis precision that he speaks of, especially on precision approaches and landing. Perhaps I got a defective and/or damaged unit ? 

I agree with all his comments regarding the switches; but he doesn't mention that it is 'very' front heavy and comes equipped with stick on velcro material to hold down the back end (opposite to the yoke wheel)

Unfortunately no one has done a detailed comparison to the PFC or other similar products, including taking the covers off to show the inner workings ?  

Having had both now,  In my humble opinion, the PFC yoke is less expensive (depending on the model chosen) and a much better product.

GREAT support + service from GoFlight though !!!!!!!

P.S.  Totally agree "Blaze" about Hall Sensors !  

Just picked one of these up on ebay. Brand new in the box for a very good price so I'll write a good review of it. Should get he re Monday

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Would still like to see an inside picture of this yoke. Can anyone confirm it uses pots or hall sensors?

Would still like to see an inside picture of this yoke. Can anyone confirm it uses pots or hall sensors?

I may end up seeing the inside of mine tomorrow I got it today but have an issue with the hat switch not working when pointed to the left.... so if support has me tear it open I'll snap a few shots and post them...

A few thing I noticed about the yoke.

1.It feels great,looks great and flys great.

2.The amount of pitch travel is fine 

3.switches feel good.

4. The hat switch feels fine in all honesty and if I could get mine to work it'd be even better

5.The mouse pointer is good if you slow the mouse down in windows. The mouse I have can be adjusted for faster speeds outside of windows to no harm done by slowing it down for the yoke since I can just adjust the speed of my mouse outside of windows.

I also find setting press to talk switches as mouse look and then using the mouse pointer on the yoke as a back up hat switch works well.

All in all its a great yoke and considering the deal I got on mine it was well worth the money. Would I pay $750 for it well maybe if I had large amounts of cash around.

When I get everything working right I'll post an in depth review on YouTube.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Pics of the inside as promised sadly I'm gonna have to mail mine to goflight for repair of the hatswitch. I will say they have the best customer service I have seen in a long time,I think I'm going to buy a radio panel from them next. I will say though this yoke is built like a tank everything inside is metal and high quality!!!!

20150210_113726.jpg

20150210_113733.jpg

20150210_115006.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks for the AVSIM exclusive, theres no other pic of the guts of it anywhere else :) Built like a tank indeed.

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I am only new here as I joined this forum last week.

I have been flight simming for more than 15 years, and have used joysticks initially, later moving up to CH Yokes and pedals which I have been using since 2005 (I briefly experimented with Saitek, but Saitek were terrible).

Presently, I am in the market for a high end metal yoke/throttle quadrant that will give me a more realistic and precise feel, the two brands that come up are GoFlight and PFC, but I am in two minds which to go for, I don't mind spending the money, but I want something that's going to last a long time, plus give me a precise feeling. Please bear in mind that my flight sim of choice is FSX, and I mainly fly PMDG 737NGX,PMDG 777, PMDG 747-400 and Level D 767-300 (yes, I know I am a Boeing nut)

Accordingly, I have been reading up on many of the reviews on both GoFlight and PFC, but now I am more confused than ever, honestly guys, which Yoke/Throttle quadrant is the best choice?, as I am reading so many mixed reviews on both.

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I am only new here as I joined this forum last week.

I have been flight simming for more than 15 years, and have used joysticks initially, later moving up to CH Yokes and pedals which I have been using since 2005 (I briefly experimented with Saitek, but Saitek were terrible).

Presently, I am in the market for a high end metal yoke/throttle quadrant that will give me a more realistic and precise feel, the two brands that come up are GoFlight and PFC, but I am in two minds which to go for, I don't mind spending the money, but I want something that's going to last a long time, plus give me a precise feeling. Please bear in mind that my flight sim of choice is FSX, and I mainly fly PMDG 737NGX,PMDG 777, PMDG 747-400 and Level D 767-300 (yes, I know I am a Boeing nut)

Accordingly, I have been reading up on many of the reviews on both GoFlight and PFC, but now I am more confused than ever, honestly guys, which Yoke/Throttle quadrant is the best choice?, as I am reading so many mixed reviews on both.

If I were you I'd look into buying Goflight stuff on of eBay. Amazing deals can be found. I got about $3000 worth of Goflight stuff and paid under $1000 for all of it.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If I were you I'd look into buying Goflight stuff on of eBay. Amazing deals can be found. I got about $3000 worth of Goflight stuff and paid under $1000 for all of it.

Thanks for that, I actually did a few weeks ago, but all the sellers were selling GoFlight stuff at full cost, perhaps I did not look hard enough.                                                                     

Perhaps ACE for your next yoke Gents

Desktop line of yokes, include interchangeable yoke handles, for 737,747,757,767,777 and we are also making a 787 yoke for Qualitywings release, amongst CRJ, EMB and ERJ soon to be released.  $450 USD and FREE shipping in north America.  options for HAT switch can be added also if the user wants to keep that feature

Check out the FB page for updates:  https://www.facebook.com/Aircraftcontrolengineering/

Also, some products are now becoming more and more available at suppliers such as AM

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/cat/yokes-pedals-joysticks-288.html