Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Managing different FSX Configurations with new Tool "FSXstarter"

Are you interested to translate all displayed texts in french? -> Yes, I'd be happy to do so.

Wow, that sound very nice.

Please download the FSXstarter_Messages.ZIP file here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de/projects/FSXstarter/FSXstarter_Messages.zip

Please edit each file individualy.

Example form1.txt Line 3:

BEFORE:

lang_ARRAY = {"File", "Datei"}

AFTER:

lang_ARRAY = {"File", "Datei", "<YOUR TRANSLATION>"}

Sometimes there are variables included, please leave them as they are and copy the text between both " for translation.

Thanks a lot!

Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Just want to add my 2 cents here.

I've been using multi-configs for several years now, first using .bat files, and slowly moving up to a Visual Basic application which works very well, giving me several choices of "flight type". No single fsx.cfg can cover all of the different types of flight one can desire without introducing undesirable settings, airports, parameters, scenery's, etc.. - things that will kill performance and graphics IQ.

My own program goes a long way toward that goal, but I have to say - Capt. Pero's little program exceeds everything I have written for myself, and it is worth it's weight in gold!

Try it - you'll like it!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Within the last days I was able to finalize Version 1.1 of FSXstarter. A big thank you to all BETA Testers and Laurent who did the french translation.

Important changes of v1.1:

• Livery Manager – Sort liveries or hide at FSX. Time intensive editing of aircraft.cfg is over now!
  • Programmstart – Definition if a program should be closed together with FSX
  • Programmstart – Define a standard flight for every profile
  • Sort of config files - Section Config files like fsx.cfg can be sorted now!
  • Profile Management – Create backups, replece them or create desktop shortcuts to your favorite profile
  • Problem with special characters – fixed
  • Languages - French is supported now
A detailed description of all changes can be found here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

I've been looking forward to this. Where can we find the file? Or will you be posting a download link here as you did with the earlier versions?

Thanks,

Robert

FSXstarter_logo_smaller.png
This is the download link:
http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

Ups, I forgot...

Although additional screenshots can be found on this site (my aviation website)...

If you want to use the new Desktop Icon (thanks to Günter S.) you have to refresh your Windows Icon Cache.

A batch file which works for Windows 7/8 is included in the .ZIP File and named "refreshIconCache.cmd".

(Source: http://www.deskmodder.de/wiki/index.php/Iconcache_l%C3%B6schen)

Just want to add my 2 cents here.

I've been using multi-configs for several years now, first using .bat files, and slowly moving up to a Visual Basic application which works very well, giving me several choices of "flight type". No single fsx.cfg can cover all of the different types of flight one can desire without introducing undesirable settings, airports, parameters, scenery's, etc.. - things that will kill performance and graphics IQ.

My own program goes a long way toward that goal, but I have to say - Capt. Pero's little program exceeds everything I have written for myself, and it is worth it's weight in gold!

Try it - you'll like it!

All the Best,

pj

Thank you very much for your nice feedback to this freeware community project! ;O)

Wow...What a great program. Another reason why this hobby is great. Many thanks for this great program 

Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

Many thanks for this, Capt. Pero!

Great programme, very useful indeed.

Thanks

Jack

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

This looks like a great solution to a lot of the manual editing and manual file swapping and renaming I have always done to load select areas and configurations.

Keith Guillory

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question.

Can this utility be linked to REX?

REX also starts FSX based on weather themes you have pre-selected, so does this "compete" with being able to run FSX or can you slave the utility and REX together?

thx

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Bonjour Peter,

Should it be possible to manage "Livery Manager" for Rotocraft ?

At this time we only do that with airplanes

Thanks for reply

Jean

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question.

Can this utility be linked to REX?

REX also starts FSX based on weather themes you have pre-selected, so does this "compete" with being able to run FSX or can you slave the utility and REX together?

thx

Mark

Hi Mark,

yes you can use FSXstarter with REX. Just configure your FSXstarter Profile an then

1. Switch to tab "Startdefinition"
  2. delete fsx.exe from that profile
  3. add your REX.exe to that profile

Whenever you start your profile then, it won't start FSX directly but REX... ;O)

Hope that helps...

_______________________________THANK YOU_______________________________

...for all your feedback. FSXstarter will be renamed to SIMstarter and released soon.

News wil be posted here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/435091-simstarter-for-fsx-and-prepar3d-formerly-fsxstarter/