Sign in to follow this  
ronnie.d

REX Installation

Hi Guys,

Sorry for posting it here as I should have posted it on REX's support forum first, but for some reason I can't post in any of their forums (may be my memberships hasn't been approved yet).

Anyway, yesterday I installed REX on my system, everything went fine until I went to fly with real wether mode with REX. On the top green text to speech window it's showed me that REX has download current weather information and the very next minute everything blacks out with an Error message: Weather file could not be located…… (can't remember the exact wordings).

I haven't touched the default weather on FSX so what have I done wrong? 

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Ronnie.

Here is a copy of the topic and suggested solutions:  It worked for me as I was having the same issues. 

TN20130923 - 001 - WEATHER THEME NOT LOADING

TITLE:

Weather theme not loading

SEVERITY:

Extremely Severe

ISSUE:

Some users using REX Essential Plus or REX Essential Plus Overdrive may experience a message within FSX/P3D stating that the "Weather Theme file could not be loaded...." while using the REX Weather Engine.

CAUSES:

There can be multiple causes for this issue.

1.) NOAA or Vatsim Weather server down.

2.) Antivirus software preventing REX from creating and moving files to the FSX directory.

3.) Windows Firewall preventing REX from contacting the REX EDGE Data servers.

4.) Permissions not sufficient on users system for REX to move files into the FSX directory within the Program Files (x86) folder.

5.) An Internet connection hiccup occurred on users end at the time of weather injection.

6.) Data integrity. In other words, during download of data from the REX servers, the data became corrupted.

7.) The users Simconnect version does not match the required version of REX.

8.) REX EDGE Server maintenance.

9.) UAC turned ON in Windows.

10.) A 3rd party software or Windows backup process running on your harddrive that has locked a the key files or folders during backup.

11.) Overloading of a users settings where FSX is becoming dangerously close to running out of memory.

12.) Upgrades or Service Packs were installed improperly.

SOLUTIONS:

SOLUTION - NONE - WE ARE AT THE MERCY OF OUR DATA SOURCES. REX GAME STUDIOS WILL POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT IF THIS IS THE SITUATION AND WHEN IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

2.) Antivirus software preventing REX from creating and moving files to the FSX directory.
SOLUTION - GIVE REX AND FSX PROPER PERMISSIONS VIA ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE. REFERENCE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION

SOLUTION - PLEASE OPEN WINDOWS FIREWALL ADVANCED OPTIONS FROM YOUR CONTROL PANEL. BE SURE TO GIVE REX INBOUND AND OUTBOUND PERMISSION TO THE INTERNET. PLEASE REFERENCE YOUR WINDOWS FIREWALL HELP DOCUMENTATION

4.) Permissions not sufficient on users system for REX to move files into the FSX directory within the Program Files (x86) folder.
SOLUTION - RIGHT CLICK ON REX.exe FILE EACH TIME WHEN STARTING REX AND SELECTING "RUN AS ADMIN" OR REINSTALL FSX OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAMS FILES(x86) AREA.

5.) An Internet connection hiccup occurred on users end at the time of weather injection.
SOLUTION - NONE - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR ISP CONNECTIONS OR SERVICE.

6.) Data integrity. In other words, during download of data from the REX servers, the data became corrupted.
SOLUTION - PLEASE RUN THE REX DATABASE REPAIR TOOL OR RE-INSTALL REX ACCORDING WHAT IS RECOMMENDED.

SOLUTION - INSTALL Simconnect.msi THAT'S INCLUDED WITHIN THE MAIN REX DIRECTORY

SOLUTION - AWAIT MAINTENANCE TO BE COMPLETED. REX GAME STUDIOS WILL POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT IF THIS IS THE SITUATION AND WHEN IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

SOLUTION - USER MUST TURN OFF UAC IN WINDOWS

10.) A 3rd party software or Windows backup process running on your harddrive that has locked a the key files or folders during backup.
SOLUTION - REFERENCE BACKUP SOFTWARE MANUAL OF OFFENDING SOFTWARE TO UNDERSTAND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS

11.) Overloading of a users settings where FSX is becoming dangerously close to running out of memory.
SOLUTION - TURN DOWN OPTION SETTINGS IN REX AND/OR DISPLAY/SCENERY SETTINGS WITHIN FSX

SOLUTION - PROPERLY INSTALL REX AND SERVICE PACKS

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1.) Besure to set your UAC to never notify.
2.) We strongly recommend that your remove REX, FSX, and Prepar3D from your Program Files(x86) folder and install them outside of those folders.

3.) Make sure you have properly installed all upgrades or updates to REX according to the procedures outlined in this forum.

VERSIONS AFFECTED:

All versions of REX Essential Plus/ REX Essential Plus Overdrive RTM, SP1, SP2

UPDATES:

none

Jim Melton

Here is a copy of the topic and suggested solutions:  It worked for me as I was having the same issues. 

TN20130923 - 001 - WEATHER THEME NOT LOADING

TITLE:

Weather theme not loading

SEVERITY:

Extremely Severe

ISSUE:

Some users using REX Essential Plus or REX Essential Plus Overdrive may experience a message within FSX/P3D stating that the "Weather Theme file could not be loaded...." while using the REX Weather Engine.

CAUSES:

There can be multiple causes for this issue.

SOLUTIONS:

SOLUTION - NONE - WE ARE AT THE MERCY OF OUR DATA SOURCES. REX GAME STUDIOS WILL POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT IF THIS IS THE SITUATION AND WHEN IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

SOLUTION - GIVE REX AND FSX PROPER PERMISSIONS VIA ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE. REFERENCE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION

SOLUTION - PLEASE OPEN WINDOWS FIREWALL ADVANCED OPTIONS FROM YOUR CONTROL PANEL. BE SURE TO GIVE REX INBOUND AND OUTBOUND PERMISSION TO THE INTERNET. PLEASE REFERENCE YOUR WINDOWS FIREWALL HELP DOCUMENTATION

SOLUTION - RIGHT CLICK ON REX.exe FILE EACH TIME WHEN STARTING REX AND SELECTING "RUN AS ADMIN" OR REINSTALL FSX OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAMS FILES(x86) AREA.

SOLUTION - NONE - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR ISP CONNECTIONS OR SERVICE.

SOLUTION - PLEASE RUN THE REX DATABASE REPAIR TOOL OR RE-INSTALL REX ACCORDING WHAT IS RECOMMENDED.

SOLUTION - INSTALL Simconnect.msi THAT'S INCLUDED WITHIN THE MAIN REX DIRECTORY

SOLUTION - AWAIT MAINTENANCE TO BE COMPLETED. REX GAME STUDIOS WILL POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT IF THIS IS THE SITUATION AND WHEN IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

SOLUTION - USER MUST TURN OFF UAC IN WINDOWS

SOLUTION - REFERENCE BACKUP SOFTWARE MANUAL OF OFFENDING SOFTWARE TO UNDERSTAND FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS

SOLUTION - TURN DOWN OPTION SETTINGS IN REX AND/OR DISPLAY/SCENERY SETTINGS WITHIN FSX

SOLUTION - PROPERLY INSTALL REX AND SERVICE PACKS

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1.) Besure to set your UAC to never notify.

2.) We strongly recommend that your remove REX, FSX, and Prepar3D from your Program Files(x86) folder and install them outside of those folders.

3.) Make sure you have properly installed all upgrades or updates to REX according to the procedures outlined in this forum.

VERSIONS AFFECTED:

All versions of REX Essential Plus/ REX Essential Plus Overdrive RTM, SP1, SP2

UPDATES:

none

That's excellent! Thanks Jim…I hope one of these would solve my problem. 

Wonder why you posted the exact same message 3 times?

Wonder why you posted the exact same message 3 times?

I have explained it earlier. I kept getting server error messages until the 3rd time when it was successfully posted. But now I can see all of them went through.

I had the same problem ( "Weather theme could not be loaded...") and after trying nearly every solution on this page, it was finally running the "REX Database Repair Application" that fixed it.