Sign in to follow this  
Leafhopper

How can I get rid of the parking brake problem!

I've really been enjoying getting back into flight simming, but, there is one thing that bugs me. I have all my Saitek stuff hooked up and setup.  I've got toe brakes setup on my rudder pedals...;but, every time I use the differential brakes the parking brake is also applied.  I can't figure it out.  There is no entry on the parking brake that includes the rudder toe brakes.  This makes it very difficult to taxi...almost impossible.  Anyone had this problem and solved it?...PLEASE!

Leafhopper

I had that problem long ago when I first set things up. Check the brake sensitivities and check the brake axis and check that reverse is checked off in the brake axis. I don't remember which one solved my problem but one did.

Toe brakes axis assignments are reversed already. I changed sensitivity to 0 from about mid range and no difference...It's the left toe brake that sets the parking brake, the right one behaves properly.

Go through all the joystick settings for the peddles & delete all of the non peddle joystick assignments making sure peddles are in the drop down box, then select your flught stick/yoke & delete all joystick assignments that are for your toe brakes & rudder, try the sim again , then if its still playing up go back and , if you have the boxes ticked to reverse, un tick them or if they are not ticked tick them , trying each option, only plane I have any problem with is concorde x as I can't get the brakes to release with that one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

I may have found the answer...I hope!  I tried the peddle  calibration tab and saw that the null zone was set to 0 on both peddles, so I increased the null to 50% and increased the sensitivity to full.  I then tried the brakes and behold, the parking brake problem seemed to disappear.. I'll try a flight and see how it works.  Why, on earth, would the toe brake (differential brakes) have anything to do with the parking brake?...Oh, well, if it works, JOY!  I'll let you know after a few planes and ground taxi exercises.

Leafhopper

That did the trick!  It is working great now...why, I don't know, but what the heck! I'm a happy camper!

Leafhopper