Hi Guys,

I'm using the Saitek Radio Panel with FSX, my panel always powers up when I launch my FSX program showing the default "mumbo gumbo" on the LED Radio Panel.

Does this happen to everyone? or is there a way to power it up after you've started "free flight"?

Is there a way to assign a button through FSX or FSUIPC so it only powers up the LED panel once the panel on the screen is powered up after turning on the Master Batt/Alt switch?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

"Speed is Life, Altitude is Insurance"

sigpic607877_4.gif

Nope. My GoFlight radio panels do the same thing too, they all come on, when the NGX is loaded cold and dark..

Its kind of part of simming, as FSX cant enable/disable your controls according to what the aircraft is doing..

P3D and X-Plane are the same too... Its not a Saitek thing, just a "Do you want your controls enabled or not" within windows, thing..

Even now, with no sims running, my radio panels are all on, showing 000.000 on the frequencies..

None of the flight sim panels seem to have the ability to "appear off" when your aircraft is cold/dark/off.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback!

Sam

sigpic607877_4.gif

Yes it is possible to achieve a c&d state on the saitek panels on a A2A airplane.

I have it working on the A2A 172 Trainer.

What you need is the SPAD tools and the configuration tool in the A2A folder along with a registered ver of FSUIPC4.

The led comes on as you load the airplane and then goes into a c&d state,

Just one small point if you use the vc buttons it lights up after turning bat to on and swithing avionics master on. However the panel led can be can be switched on by just switching on the avions master buttun on the panel itself. ( just a small point)

If you install Spad (Saitek Panels Advanced Drivers) you need to unistall the original saitek panel drivers first.

I have the radio, multi & swith panels, I think spad will work if you only have one panel.

Just ran a test and unplugged the switch and multi panels and the radio panel worked fine on its own.

Of course as the saitek panel does not have a on/ off switch but the radio panel on the vc can be switched on and off whilst the saitek panel will remain on until you turn off the avionics master switch in the vc.

This may work without the A2A tools config program and you would only need the spad and a reg fsuipc4.

Thanks again guys, everything worked just like you said it would!.

Sam

sigpic607877_4.gif