Sign in to follow this  
flightlevelaviator

My proposed PC Specs for FSX

Here i have posted my specs for a desktop computer that will be running only fsx.  I want to use the following addons:

Aircraft :PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777(in the future when i have more money :D) , Airbus X Extended(Compulsory)

Few airport sceneries, and REX(Optional)

I will be running squawkbox on another computer.

I do not want ultra high settings or cars and boats in my sim thus m ready to reduce all AI traffic to 0. wil be flying exclusively on vatsim.

Is this config good enough along with some cfg tweaks? Thanks for the reply. Please give me good guidance on this one as the total price for this is around 900$

Processor:i5 3570K 3.4Ghz stock speed(Overclock to 4.0GHz?)
GPU:GTX 650ti 2GB GDDR5 w/ core clock of 993Mhz
RAM:Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) 1600MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard
CASE: coolermaster mid tower
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200RPM
Optical drive:LG GH24NS95
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo 
PSU: Corsair VS450 Watt

Three things (IMO):

(1) I would go with a better cooler, (a) because I.B. CPUs tend to be a little hotter running (b)you will have the option of upping that 4.0g over-clock if you want some more pep.

(2) I would definitely up that 450w PSU. 750w is more appropriate.

(3) get yourself another hard drive and dedicate it to FSX. I have not edited my sig yet, but I have actually added a third hard drive for my backup files and any FSX add ons that do not have to be on the same drive with FSX.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've pushed my i5-3570K quite a ways past 4.0 before, so it's definitely doable. I run a corsair H80i water cooler.

I would also second the recommendation for at least a 650w PSU, and highly second the recommendation to put FSX on a dedicated drive. I run it on a SSD; works very well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Okay i have made the following changes to my pc but i think ill be okay with air cooling cuz water cooling is kinda pushing the price too high. And i have another hdd already!

Processor:i5 3570K 3.4Ghz 
CHANGED GPU:GTX 660 2gb gddr5
RAM:Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) 1600MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard
CASE: coolermaster mid tower
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200RPM
Optical drive:LG GH24NS95
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo 
CHANGED PSU: Corsair VS650 Watt

1st and foremost, bump up your power supply to about 650 watts (80+ gold certified)

2. The NVIDIA 660ti is a good match with your proposed specs

3. I have the CM Hyper 212 EVO with two fans in a push pull arrangement paired up with a 3770K overclocked to 4.5 Ghz running nice and cool. That heat sink is perfectly capable on a moderate overclock.  beware that it's a BIG heat sink so get a big enough case to fit it.

Regards