Sign in to follow this  
steve14957

777 Auto Brake

For some reason the Auto Brake is not working, any suggestions? 

And yes, before anybody asks, it is a legal copy.  Thought I would get that out of the way, because I am sure some bonehead will ask, because they think whenever somebody has a problem, they don't have a legal copy. LOL

• Upvote 1

Make sure your gear is down and locked before arming the auto brakes.

If my memory serves me correctly, Boeing aircraft, gear has to be down before arming the auto brakes.

Make sure your gear is down and locked before arming the auto brakes.If my memory serves me correctly, Boeing aircraft, gear has to be down before arming the auto brakes.

Completely false.

You can arm the auto brake before you even hit your ToD.

@OP: all you said is "it doesn't work"

What doesn't work? How is it not working? How are you trying to use the autobrakes?

You're asking for help but gave barely any information to help troubleshoot your problem.

More info needed.

I am using it to brake after landing, I drop the gear wait for lock,  arm the auto brake, but when I land it does not come on.

I have the same issue.

I only have them calibrated through FSX, NOT Fsuipc as I was told this would fix the issue.

No joy.  They don't come on.

I will re-calibrate through the CH control manager and see if that works.

Happy to report back with findings.

Are the throttles fully closed when landing? Not sure if the autobrakes work if throttle levers are advanced.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I had this problem because I was inadvertently applying the brakes manually soon after touchdown, which disconnects the autobrake.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I would recommend recalibrating the brakes so that they read zero when pushed in just a bit. That way there should be no noise in there. I would also make sure there are no spikes, even momentarily, on the brakes axes when working with rudder (if the software allows you to filter output, that could do it).

Other than that, section 14.20 of FCOM v2 and check you absolutely meet criteria for application. To make sure throttle (high idle) is not a problem, make sure you go into reverse.