Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

JF DC-8, modified VC views

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I find the included VC views for things like the pedestal and fe panel to be in need of a bit of adjustment, due to both the perspective and zoom level.

So I've come up with an edit that not only modifies the views, but also re-orders them and adds a few more.  So starting with your normal pilots VC view and clicking through the views using A and shift A, I next have the pedestal, lower FE panel, upper FE panel, overhead, right seat (corrected view-not zoomed out) and jump seat.  To me at least, having the pedestal as the first view when clicking A is most useful.  I'm likely to want to use the radios and AP far more often than the provided zoomed out panoramic right seat view, so why waste time having to click back and forth through it. 

Here's a couple of examples of the differences...................

The default pedestal view, followed by the amended one

And the default overhead view, followed by the amended one

Please note that these images have been resized.

So, any opinions?  Is it worth posting the edits and hoping nobody makes a mess of things?

Cheers

Paul Golding

YES PLEASE !!

Sterling work, Mr G.    Until now, I have been using the views, but then having to zoom a lot and hat switch around;  not ideal when you're still hand flying the aircraft! :lol:

So, yes please post 'em up!  :cool:

Yes, by all means please post these view modifcations.

I am tired of manually fiddling with the zoom and positioning of the VC windows before each flight.

Thanks in advance Paul,

yes, in fact without 2d windows, flying this craft on AP is almost impossible, given that the "classic" knobs are difficult to read.

tony

That's what prompted me to do this Tony.  I know that switching to the VC pedestal view isn't as handy as having a 2d pop-up, but at least having that view in size that can be viewed easily and quickly, as well as only being one click away from the forward view, makes thing a lot more manageable.  Maybe TrackIR users have less problem because they can 'look' a lot quicker than those using a hat switch/button like me.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Super duper, thanks Paul!

I'm a TrackIR user, but do still like good views on the 'A' key, so these are really valuable. :cool:

You're welcome.

And sorry to anyone that followed the original instructions without spotting my typo; the post has been corrected now.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Thanks Paul, far better than the default settings. Great job. 

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.