Sign in to follow this  
Nickdj

FilmScanner problems anyone help please?

Hey guysok i have a film scanner (Canon FS4000US) now im not sure if anyone here has one but all my pictures scan fine...BUT the following is really bothering me;i have a fixed 500mm lens, i take a picture of a 762 flying not so high over my house to commence the approch. But then a A330 flys over my house leaving a beautiful contrails...when i get neg's back all fine but then when i do thumbnail scan for negatives all the contrails looks really bad, all conrners black and the quality horrible but with the 762 it was not the case...any one have any ideas please?????cheers

Nick, did you use the same type of film for both pictures?If not, your scanner may need different settings for different films (I know mine does sometimes).If that's not it, does it happen in a reproducable manner?In other words, if you rescan the two negatives, will you still get the same results (good scan on one, bad on the other)?If that's the case your negative might just not scan properly. It is rare but can happen. I once had a slide with heavy colour contrast (50% yellow, 50% green) where the scanner reliably refused to render the green as green rendering blue instead (the yellow rendered perfectly).In such cases another scanner might help (maybe you know someone who has one, or can get a scan made at the photostore).If now both are bad, your scanner might need servicing or replacement (something that for an A-brands shouldn't be needed for many many thousands of scans).

Hey,i dont think its the film that does it, because the only time it happens is with the contrail shots, which is just very frustrating because the picture next to it taken from runway of plane taking off, then it is normal....all VERY wierd...i even had a shot with 500mm (fixed) of 762 going over my house, the scan is alright, but then after that a contrail same lens, that pic looks all messed up, and just no IDAE WHY it does this...any other ideas?