Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

FMC invalid waypoint entry

Hey! 

I'm planning a short flight in my NGX, and found my route on rfinder. The route is: ENGM SID NUVSA Z125 RBU STAR ENVA

It's no problem entering from engm to nuvsa, and then onto z125, but it won't accept RBU as the final waypoint. I see in the FMC that it'd rather prefer a five letter waypoint (The five open boxes), but I wouldn't know what the last letters in the RBU waypoint would be. Any help would be appreciated. I know rfinder isn't the hottes planning tool, but for now, it's all I have. 

Thanks, 

Einar Tryti

Hello Einar Tryti,

This route worked ok in FSbuild:

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

It's no problem entering from engm to nuvsa, and then onto z125, but it won't accept RBU as the final waypoint. I see in the FMC that it'd rather prefer a five letter waypoint (The five open boxes), but I wouldn't know what the last letters in the RBU waypoint would be.

I have Airac 1310, the one previous to the current one, and RBU is indeed on the Z125 airway, so that shouldn't be the problem.  But what Airac are you using?  If your Airac doesn't have RBU as one of its waypoints, that could be the problem. 

A three letter waypoint should not be a problem either, as there are many, many waypoints with three letters: ATL, JFK, SFO, just to name a few.  You don't need to add more letters or digits.

A screen shot of your CDU (what many people call the FMC)) would help.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hey guys, thanks. 

I now think the problem is my outdated Airac. I have 1108, but I didn't realize i'd have to update it. So next question: How do I do that? 

I can't post a screenshot, it says I'm not allowed on this community. So next questions: How to post images? And how to update Airac? 

Einar

It worked. 

Glad they were able to help you.  If you wouldn't mind clicking the "Mark Solved" button next to the post that solved the issue for you, it will help anyone who might have the same problem in the future.

Kyle Rodgers