Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

Mirror cockpit

If you guys remember AXE they use mirror cockpit to save FPS.

If pmdg can add this option into the FMC like how you can disable the FO or CAPTAIN display it would be a great fps saver without losing displays it will be awesome!

in FMC go to PMDG setup, then options/performance: with 5L key  you can disable First Officer's displays after that you have to klick exec button

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Disabling them results in blank screens. That's why Kailiang is asking for them to be mirrored, so there won't be any "holes" in the panels anymore.

(No I don't second your request, Kailiang - it's not realistic to fly with the view point zoomed out so far. :P)

Disabling them results in blank screens. That's why Kailiang is asking for them to be mirrored, so there won't be any "holes" in the panels anymore.

Ok understood, but I think there will be no gain in frames if they are only mirrored.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Ok understood, but I think there will be no gain in frames if they are only mirrored.

I have to disagree with that. As mirror is just like a reflection of the captain screen compared to Independent system like what the pmdg777 have. If you turn the range knob of the FO navigation display ONLY the FO side is change while the CAPTAIN side remain untouch. 

If you were place 1 independent display (mirror or reflection to CO display) compared to 2 in theory of course the fps will gain. My point is gain as much fps as possible for those people struggling with the FPS.

So in the FMC you will have 3 options under PERFORMANCE. Shut down CO or Captain or mirrored  

So in mirrored mode. If you turn the range knob of the captain you will see the change in CO navigation display as well 

A performance manger will be useful as well. As i gain 10fps from high quality to low quality in the ngx. Which is from 32fps to 42fps in addon airports like imagesim vtbs 

I have to disagree with that. As mirror is just like a reflection of the captain screen compared to Independent system like what the pmdg777 have. If you turn the range knob of the FO navigation display ONLY the FO side is change while the CAPTAIN side remain untouch. 

If you were place 1 independent display (mirror or reflection to CO display) compared to 2 in theory of course the fps will gain. My point is gain as much fps as possible for those people struggling with the FPS.

You may gain on the calculations, but not on the rendering.

So in the FMC you will have 3 options under PERFORMANCE. Shut down CO or Captain or mirrored  

So in mirrored mode. If you turn the range knob of the captain you will see the change in CO navigation display as well 

A performance manger will be useful as well. As i gain 10fps from high quality to low quality in the ngx. Which is from 32fps to 42fps in addon airports like imagesim vtbs 

A similar effect can be obtained by disabling the high-res VC option in FSX.

OLLI ! famous for trolling in the forum  :ph34r: esp in the Airbus 318/319 >< 

:lol:  :P  :ph34r:

Rendering for pfd and mfd is not much i guess ? I hope so :P

Low res and mirrored vc will be a combo! I hope that pmdg will take this into consideration ! This will make most unhappy customer about bad fps shut their mouth too 

For the time being don't zoom out that much!

Even at x0.3 from the Captain's view I don't have the other pilot's displays in sight. If it's not shown, it doesn't have to be rendered ...

:LMAO:  :LMAO:

Should i off my widescreenview then :P

WS aspect is not the point: It's rather about eyepoint and instrument size. You can zoom further out without WSA (up to .3, similar to .5 with WSA):

If you select .3 with WSA you get a view like this:

Do you really fly with that eyepoint and those miniscule instruments?

I fly at .7 with WSA. :D i think what WSA does is that FOV will be different 

Ya maybe you are right. If i dun see it, it wun render. Will try though. 

But its better to have some thing there instead of a black screen 

Opps :P seatbelts is still on. its a freighter what can i say?