Sign in to follow this  
997R8V10

CTD on Flight Load - PMDG 777

one question, that action of deleting the two files to avoid a crashdown, is it something to be repeated everytime the T7 is to be loaded or a once action only?

Hi, Maurizio,

I don't think people who have this issue need to keep deleting these files.

A few things to try:

1) Is KORD (Chicago O'Hare) an airport that is involved when you have a crash?  It has a new runway and a renamed older runway that MIGHT be causing an incompatibility issue.

2) Try deleting one of the two files, one at a time (leave the other one), and see if the crash still happens.  This might help with trouble shooting.

3)  Do you use FSUIPC?  If so, is your version up to date?  If it is, try removing or renaming the fsuipc.ini file as some people experience issues from that.  Don't delete the fsuipc.ini file so you can keep your settings if that turns out not to be the problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

thanks.

option 1 does not apply for me.

option 3 I tried but did not solve the issue. Always CTD on loading the plane

Option 2 interestingly, I noticed that deleting the file arpt_rwy from the navdata folder in PMDG before starting a flight allows me to load the T7 successfully. problem is, at next startup, CDT appears again. so it looks this file conflicts with something and needs be deleted Always before a flight.

there must be something wrong somwhere.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall PMDG again, but no success there, same CTD.

it's not dramatc to having to delete a file verytime, but bit annoying really.....

any other leads?

maurizio

Option 2 interestingly, I noticed that deleting the file arpt_rwy from the navdata folder in PMDG before starting a flight allows me to load the T7 successfully. problem is, at next startup, CDT appears again. so it looks this file conflicts with something and needs be deleted Always before a flight.

Hi, Maurizio,

According to Ryan of PMDG (earlier in this thread) ARPT_RWY.DAT is a cache file for the FMC.  I think it is recreated at each startup of the T7.  Since it and runways.csv together sometimes cause crashes, maybe try rebuilding runways.csv file using makerunways and deleting ARPT_RWY.DAT before the next startup.  Also, since runways.csv has to do with RAAS, maybe try disabling RAAS. 

PMDG has listed crashes caused by these two files as something fixed for the first Service Pack. Maybe you will need to wait and see if that ends the problem.  Or, since your issue isn't fixed by deleting these two files once, you can file a support ticket with them.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have this same issue but than with P3D V3, and there is not an Runway.csv in my root.....

Hi sidneyajax,

Does this happen only when loading a specific saved flight?  If so see if starting from a new flight situation fixes the problem you might have a corrupted saved flight.

Otherwise:

This thread is more than 2-1/2 years old and refers to issues that were fixed a long time ago in earlier service packs.  You would be better off posting a new thread in the PMDG 777 support forum, with a title like "777 loading causes CTD in P3D [give exact version number]".   Be sure and give the version number of your 777 from the Operating Center as well as the exact P3D version, and mention whether this happens with other aircraft, both default and addon. 

Also, PMDG wants you to sign your full name on every post. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2