Sign in to follow this  
Erik777

touchdown sounds volume

Helloo,

First of all, the 777 sound set is really great, but I have a question, is there an way to put to volume from the touchdown sounds up? And the thunk thunk thunk? Because I think it is a little bit louder in real life. Is at an specific volume level option in FSX, like cockpit or environment? Or can I change it at via an other way except putting my speakers to max.  ^_^

imo the nose wheel touchdown sound is way too loud, even if you really put the nose smooth down to the ground..

imo the nose wheel touchdown sound is way too loud, even if you really put the nose smooth down to the ground..

Not true.

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

The OP didn't ask for people's opinions on what they thought of the touchdown sound; he asked whether anyone knew how to increase the level of the sound.....

Erik, you can download a tool like WavePad Sound Editor (free) and easily import the touchdown and ground roll WAV files, and increase the volume, then click 'Save' .... job done. :smile:  There is even a 'normalize' function which will raise the volume to the highest available, before distortion occurs.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

Make backups of anything you intend to mess with first! ............ I can't tell you the names of the WAV files for the 777's touchdown and ground roll, as I don't have it installed at the moment, but they should be easily identifiable (eg.... "Roll" and "Touchdown").

Cheers.

I don't have the T7 but in the NGX under Sim Objects> PMDG800ngx>sound>sound.cfg scroll to close the the bottom. You'll see left touchdown, right touchdown, center touchdown. You can increase the volume to bring up the sound. I would imagine the T7 is the same.  I've made mod's on the Coolsky DC-9  sound.cfg this way and it worked. Never on PMDG products though. At your own risk of course. Back up as always.

Other Options is download the audicity software (it's free) and find the touchdown sounds in Sound folder and increase the db

For example I decreased the db in the NGX Wind sound because for me was to loud and now the cockpit during the flight is excellent

Check the last comment that I wrote here I described how I did

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352943-very-loud-cockpit-ventilation/?p=2820144

Hope this helps